Thread: Outlook Social Connector is it friendly with Outlook 2003

Outlook Social Connector is it friendly with Outlook 2003

I have the Office 2007 with me and I have recently read about the Outlook Social Connector so I want to know what it is and how does it work. I have not got a chance to try this for me and would need help regarding the Outlook Social Connector. Please let me know about this. I have the Windows 7 as the operating system on my PC and will be happy to know if that can run on my system. Is the Outlook Social Connector compatible with the Outlook 2003? Just curious to know about this too. Please let me know about this as well.

Re: Outlook Social Connector is it friendly with Outlook 2003

Actually the Outlook Social Connector is a part of the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta. It is a set of new feature that can help you to trail your friends and colleagues. The Outlook Social Connector will help you to grow the professional network of yours. The Outlook Social Connector contains important information like Communication history, Meetings, Attachments, Activity feeds, etc. it is just like having something like facebook or any other social networking site.

You had asked for the compatibility and I think that the answer for this is straight and a big NO. I have seen that it is present in the MS Outlook 2010 and hence I think that there can not be compatibility from the current (new) version to the older version and hence I think that is the simple answer from my side. If you want to use this thing for you then you will be required to have the Microsoft Outlook 2010 with you so that you can use it on your system.

Regarding the details of the Outlook Social Connector. The Outlook Social Connector permits you to coordinate your contact data right into Outlook and at the same time acquire information about your friends and colleagues. The system requirement for the Outlook Social Connector is as follows: The Operating system that it supports: Windows 2000; Windows 7;Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows XP. Also in addition to that it is going to work with both Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

You have received the description of the Outlook Social Connector but I am here to guide you how you can have this installed on your system and how you can use the same here:

How can you install Outlook Social Connector?
    • Download the setup file Outlooksocialconnector-x86-en-us.exe from the official site and save the file to your hard disk.
    • Double-click the Outlooksocialconnector-x86-en-us.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.

How to use the Outlook Social Connector?
    • After you install Outlooksocialconnector-x86-en-us.exe, restart Outlook.
    • On the View tab, in the People Pane group, click People Pane, and then click Account Settings.
    • Under Social Network Accounts, click View Social Network providers available online.
    • Click the network that you want to add.

Hope that you will find this working on your Outlook 2007.

Open the Windows Control Panel, and then click Program and Features.
    1. In the Program and Features dialog box, select Microsoft Office 2007 and then click Change.
    2. In the Microsoft Office 2007 setup dialog select Add or Remove Features and then click Continue.
    3. In the Installation Options dialog, click Microsoft Outlook, click Outlook Add-Ins, and then click Outlook Social Connector.
    4. Select Run from My Computer, and then click Continue.
    5. Finish the Microsoft Office 2007 configuration process and restart Outlook.