Thread: Need Network driver for Intel 82577LC over Windows Server 2008 R2 in Toshiba Portege R700

Need Network driver for Intel 82577LC over Windows Server 2008 R2 in Toshiba Portege R700

Hi, guys I am using Toshiba Portege R700 laptop with model no PT310L-08X04H. Recently I upgraded my Windows 7 running laptop to Windows Server 2008 R2. The installation happened to be smooth. I then installed the required necessary drivers and was able to successfully install a Broadcom 802.11 Wireless Network Adapter. But then I am unable to locate a network adapter driver for my laptop’s Intel 52577LC (Hanksville-M) Gigabyte Network controller. So can anyone help me find the network driver for the specific laptop and the mentioned Intel 82577LC. Please help me with your productive solutions.

Re: Need Network driver for Intel 82577LC over Windows Server 2008 R2 in Toshiba Portege R700

The Toshiba Portege R700 PT310L-08X04H, laptop which you have is a Thai model of Toshiba laptop. And if you have read all the documentations before purchasing your Toshiba laptop then you must be knowing that Toshiba has mentioned it before itself that they does not support servers in any of their laptops. So it will be difficult to find a proper driver for your Toshiba laptop which has installed Windows Server 2008 R2 installed in it. Still I would recommend you to visit the following two links of Toshiba Support South Africa and give a try to the following two drivers,
    • Intel LAN Driver for Windows 7 - 64 Bit, version 14.8.3.6, (25/01/11)
    • Intel LAN Driver for Windows 7 - 32 Bit, version 14.6, (06/09/10)

Re: Need Network driver for Intel 82577LC over Windows Server 2008 R2 in Toshiba Portege R700

It is known to everyone that normally Toshiba accept only those drivers which are approved by them and won’t accept drivers from other source that easily. But as you have Intel 52577LC Gigabyte Network controller, I would suggest you to visit the official website of Intel and download the drivers for your respective network adapter and the required Operating System. Visit the following Intel Download Follow the instruction and search download drivers for your Intel Gigabyte Network controller. You can directly search for the same and get the drivers as well as firmware for it. Dowload whichever related files you are getting and give try to them.

Dude you should probably visit the official website of Toshiba Support and search for the drivers of your Intel 52577LC Gigabyte Network controller (adapter) for your Toshiba Portege R700 laptop. You can find almost every possible driver for any laptop on the official website of Toshiba. Visit Toshiba Support and then click on the download link. Now fill all the options and check for the drivers of your laptop. If you are unable to find the necessary drivers here then try other official website of Toshiba Support, like Toshiba Support USA, UK, Europe, Asia, Australia etc. Also you won’t be finding drivers for Windows 2008 server edition, so I would suggest you to try the Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) and try installing them in your laptop and see whether the problem is solved or not.

I am not sure whether 64-bit version of Windows can be handled by your model of Toshiba laptop. But as far I have experienced, the LAN drivers would be the same for all the models, either they are European model, Asia model or American Model. So you can also give a try to the following 64-bit Windows 7 driver for American Toshiba laptops, Intel LAN Driver Still considering that Toshiba has always made it clear that they don’t support the Server Edition of OS in their laptops, it would be better if you uninstall the Windows Server 2008 R2 from your Toshiba laptop, and rather install any other version of Windows in them.

If you ask me of my opinion, then I would personally recommend you to contact some Computer store and get your laptop fixed with some person with good technical knowledge. If you want to get the perfect solution then I would recommend you to give your laptop to the Toshiba Service Center, and they will get your laptop repaired properly. You can visit the link Toshiba Service Center and find out the nearest Toshiba Service Center for you.