Thread: VLC 1.1.4 Source directory error

VLC 1.1.4 Source directory error

Hello friends I am using this Dreambox to stream videos from my computer system to view it on my TV. This I was doing with the help of VLC 1.0.5 and I didn't had any trouble using that. But since I got the news that the new VLC 1.1.4 version is available so I downloaded this from the internet and even installed it smoothly. But the problem which I facing here is in order to stream the movies to my tv i have to go to fill in the Host address and the Source Directory but when I am filling the values and select the save button, it doesn't save the value that I inserted for the Source Directory and due to this I am not able to stream the videos onto the TV. I am using Windows xp on my system, so can any one help me to know what is the problem and what can be done to overcome this issue.

Re: VLC 1.1.4 Source directory error

Hey before installing the new version of the VLC media player have you successfully uninstalled all the files of the older version of the VLC player that you were having. This kind of problem usually arises when there is overlap between the files or there are same files of two different version availabel on the system. So please it is advice to remove all the files from the directory before installing this new version of the software. Also, it is recommend to use the Windows Utility kit to uninstall any kind of the software which you don't want form the system as it will filter all the files of the software and then delete it completely.

Hey can you tell me what are the values that you are inserting in the source directory and the host address can be give me the details of it so that I would be able to help you in a much better way. The source directory contains the value of the VLC file that you have downloaded and installed in the system. So if this is wrong then I guess that it will not work and you wont be able to stream any videos.

Hey friends thanks for all the instant reply from your side I would want to add up to the information that I have provided that I have successfully uninstalled all the files belonging to the previous version of the VLC software before installing the new one and also the values that I have inserted in to the Host address is "8080" and in the Source Directory is " E:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\http\ ". But when I save this setting only the host address gets saved but not the source directory. My source file is saved in the same manner as it is shown but then also it is showing the error. So please help me to solve this problem.

Hey be sure that you are using the correct path and before inserting the path in the source directory please write the correct path in the piece of paper and then insert it in the source director. Or you can also copy paste the path by going in the E drive and then the VLC folder and then copy the link and then paste the link in the source directory, try this again and then see if it works for you or not. I hope it will certainly work.

Hey I also had the same problem when I was trying to install the new version of the VLC media player and after trying various solution to get rid of this problem, I finally got one and the solution was to reinstall the software. After I completely reinstalled the software I was able to save the values inserted in the source directory and the host address and was successfully able to stream all the videos.