Thread: MS Office 2010: Power point 2010 video from website option not available

MS Office 2010: Power point 2010 video from website option not available

Hello to all, I am using the OS Windows 7 with MS Office 2010, I am getting the issue with the PowerPoint 2010, when I try get the video from the Website option, it is not available to me. I am trying to embed a video from You Tube directly in to my power point presentation. When I click to the insert tab and to the video pull down list, it gives me the option of "video from file" and "video from clipart" but option for the "video from website" is there in the pull down menu but I unable to click it. That option is totally grayed out. I can’t understand why does it happens. There might be some way to get. Please help.

Re: MS Office 2010: Power point 2010 video from website option not available

Is your system meeting the requirements for the online videos sites that is of the YouTube. Your system should have the Flash Player 10 or greater than 10 versions. Also should have the Windows Media Player 10 or the higher version of it. It should also have to be the 32 bits Office 2010. Does your system meets the all of the above requirements. Access it first whether it is there in your system.

Link the video file on to your local hard drive or to the video file that is being uploaded to the YouTube or any other video web sites. Important thing is make sure that you should have the owners approval before you link to the web sites. Follow these steps:
    1) Go on to the slides tab in to the normal view then click on to the web sites which you want to add.
    2) Now to your browser, go to the site that contains the video which you want to link such as YouTube.
    3) On to the site now locate the video and then locate and copy the embed code.
    Now on to the YouTube, the embed code is located at the right of the video.
    4) Back in PowerPoint, on the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the arrow under Video.
    5) Click Video From Web Site.
    6) In the Video From Web Site dialog box, paste the embed code, and then click Insert.

You doesn’t make use of the embed code that link to the online videos using the 64 bit version of presentation. You can make use of the Live Web: Make use of the Live Web to insert web pages into a PowerPoint slide and refresh the pages real-time during the slide show. Display web pages without ever leaving the confines of your PowerPoint slide show. No coding required. Live Web works with documents off your local drive too. You can specify relative paths. Live Web will also look for files in the presentation folder if the files have local drive information and cannot be located at the location specified by the user during slideshow. Live Web encapsulates the need to insert a web browser control manually and write code to update the web pages within the control during the slide show. It consists of two components. (1) Wizard component - Create a list of web sites which you wish to add to the slides. (2) Real-time update component - Automatically refreshes the page every time you visit the slide which contains the web browser control.
    With Live Web you can display acrobat documents (PDF), java applets, VRML etc within the slide show real-time.
    Usage:
    1. Click on Insert | Web Page.
    2. Enter the list of web page address that you wish to create.
    3. Provide the additional info required.
    4. Live Web will create slides with web browser controls embedded on the slides
    5. Run the slide show.
    6. The web pages will be displayed during the slide show and refreshed at real-time.

When you click on to the Insert tab which is on the top menu bar after that right click on to the video appearing on to the ribbon which is located at the very right side. You will now have the three options to embed the videos in to the power point. In to this option you may only select the videos which are there on to the hard disk. Power point 2010 only allows the format of AVI, WMV, MPEG and Adobe flash.
    If you want to insert the videos with the help of the video sharing sites like YouTube then this is the option for it. Clip Art Video, We can also put the embed clip art video but that is the third option. When you click on this, PowerPoint 2010 automatically opens Clip Art pane on the right where you can search for and select clip art video you want on your slide.
    After you have embedded the video in your PowerPoint slide, it will appear in the middle of the slide with a play/pause video control beneath. When you see the slide show (F5), the video control appears only when the mouse moves over it. Once there on the slide, you can do quite a few changes in the video in terms of its format (appearance) and playback (the actual playing). As for formatting the video, things like changing its size, aligning it on the slide, having it rotated to a certain degree, giving it a border, rendering some effects to it, and so it can be done easily.