Thread: Cannot set outlook 2010 as a default mail program ?

Cannot set outlook 2010 as a default mail program ?

I have got a desktop system. I work as a counselor in a computer institute , I need to access a lot of mail even at my house, so I have recently installed MS Office 2010 and use outlook to mail and view contacts and calendar. But I am not able to set it as default program, whenever I try to do so I do not get outlook as an option ? Does anyone comment on this question ? If you can ,please go ahead. I use Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Cannot set outlook 2010 as a default mail program ?

I think you have really chose a good program as you mail access client, but sadly it is not your default one . If you are using a Home and Business or some time it is also called as click to run version then it will not be able to create any add-ins or sync programs. You must have a professional version for it then only you will be able to use it. Why you do not use Windows Live email as your client , it is not bad either.

Yes it seems you are using a Click to run version of Microsoft Outlook 2010 in your system. Yes you set the outlook as your default email client i.e the option of outlook will not be there if you try to set it as a default one, But if you opt for a full version of then you can definitely set the outlook as your default email client. For that you will have to uninstall the click to run version and install the full version. Then you can set it as default one and every time you receive a mail or open a contact, the default one i.e the outlook 2010 will open up . Post back the latest update on this.

If you have installed multiple e-mail programs on the same computer, the e-mail messages may not be sent from Outlook when you send e-mail messages from any non-e-mail program.For example, if you have Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, and Netscape Communicator installed on the same computer, and if you send a message in Microsoft Excel, Outlook may not be used to send the mail.Also, if you click a Mailto: link on a Web page, your system may not open an e-mail message. Or, the system may use a mail program other than Outlook.When you send a document from a program by clicking Send on the File menu, or by pointing to Send To on the File menu, and then clicking Mail Recipient, the e-mail program that is set as your default Simple MAPI client is used to send the document.