Thread: A window appears: This file was not found while opening PDF file

A window appears: This file was not found while opening PDF file

Until 3 weeks ago everything worked perfectly. To use the program again yesterday - is not. Repair functions performed. Besides the regular updates I have nothing changed. I am still having the problems while opening the PDF documents. I recently started a Word document saved as a PDF document everything. And that when I try to open it, a window appears and displays the error message: "This file was not found" pops up. I have tried to do lot of things but I was succeeded in no way. So thought that some of you guys must be knowing about it. Please provide some solutions that can be useful to resolve my issue.

Re: A window appears: This file was not found while opening PDF file

Unfortunately, the proposal was also my last solution provided without success. We now complete the back office configuration. As follows:
    Run (Windows key + R) where you give "regedit" in the command line, you have to following keys to navigate and there said to rename the keys.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \
    Try to name the two key "Office" to, for example, "OfficeAlt. After a reboot of the computer configuration, the entire Office reset. Please install again the PDF / XPS Addin. Then start again the Microsoft Word known, use the behavior of the memory function. Does it not like that, but please try a test by logging in to another Windows user account.

Have you installed this addin? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...9-a2e79ed87041. How do you save it exactly as PDF? Is the path correctly and you have sufficient permission to save there? Because the error that you are mentioning can come because of insufficient rights. Download the add-first, to save as PDF / XPS, shut up. Then try saving again. Also try a clean boot, so we can at this problem ever exclude background programs. You can check the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135. When you perform a clean boot, you may temporarily lose some functionality. When you start the computer as usual, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or you may experience the original behavior. To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows Vista or Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. This article describes how to troubleshoot problems in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 by performing a clean boot. This article also describes how to start the Windows Installer service and how to reset the computer so that it starts as usual.

The AddIn I had downloaded last year, worked well until now. This AddIn I have now deleted, restart, AddIn "Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS Add-in for 2007 Microsoft Office programs" new downloaded and installed. Unfortunately, further, the message "Microsoft Office Word - This file was not found". Strangely, I can save the Word document as a .XPS!! When I work with Word, I am in my administrator account (for the Internet I've limited my Internet account ).I created a Word document, I save the first as. Docx ex still works, then as a .PDF same. Can I print pasted the Word document with all .JPG and frame etc. Out of sheer desperation, I cleaned up the computer completely (including defragmentation and disk check / repair), also in the registry I deleted the key Wddat - but has not helped - and now restored. Hopefully the problem is something so banal, that one there is just not as easy on it. However, the settings in Word options I have since the last operation not changed. What now?

Point, compare the Save dialog on both systems. If the properties are identical? The relocation to another account is not that hard, look at the> Start> Accessories> System Tools the program - an "easy transfer". With me today occurred when creating a PDF to Word out of the blue the same problem ("This file was not found."). I use Office 2010. The advice to remove registry settings from office and that to force a reconfiguration, has unfortunately not work - the bug is present even after the reconfiguration still. Another account I have not tried yet, but am assuming that, as with Algernon, would then work again. To me it would be very pretty to have only one account on the everything works. I have, as Algernon also changed the settings of Office and still nothing worked two days ago to create the PDF as usual. The only changes to the system, I made the meantime, were the installation of Free PDF (with Ghostscript), MiKTeX and LyX - now suggests itself to me, of course, the suspicion that there is a connection with these programs and the error in MS Office there. Unfortunately an uninstall of Free PDF does not help and the other programs I depend.