Thread: Unable to play .rmvb files with VLC on ipad

Unable to play .rmvb files with VLC on ipad

I have VLC player installed on my ipad. I am facing some problem while running .rmvb files on VLC. The VLC is not playing these files at all. So i will like to ask you that which files can be play on VLC for IPAD? How can I remove these files on my ipad? Will removing the VLC remove any data from the ipad? If you have any suggestion regarding this problem, then please try to help me out. Thanks.

Re: Unable to play .rmvb files with VLC on ipad

I think that the VLC on ipad must run the entire file which play on a Mac or Windows computer. The .rmvb files are not supported any more. So there is no meaning of keeping these files on the ipad it is just wastage of resources. So try to delete these files from the ipad using the itunes. As you have also asked about the deleting of VLC, so on this i will like to tell you that if you delete the VLC, then all the files which are being synchronized to its application folder using iTunes will also get deleted. I hope that i have provided you the answers of all the queries which you have asked.

For this problem I will suggest you to I will advise you to rename the rmvb files to the file names such as rmvb.avi. After doing this renaming now try to load them in you ipad. Then try to play it. I hope that it will definitely run on you ipad now. This is because I have tried the same solution of renaming the rmvb files and in my case it is working file. So you also try it on you device, as even you might be able to solve you problem.

I am facing problem while running the avi files with VLC on my ipad. The problem is that, when I try to play these files it plays and then stops in between after some time. The same files were working fine till today morning. But when tried to play it in the afternoon, then I started getting this problem. I don’t know what has gone wrong in my ipad. Does anyone there is facing the same problem or has some solution for this issue. Do help.