Thread: Favorites is missing in Outlook 2010 navigation pane

Favorites is missing in Outlook 2010 navigation pane

I am using a personal computer from last many years which I have recently upgraded with the windows 7 from windows XP and also upgraded its processor to Intel i3 every thing was fine but recently I am getting the problem from the outlook which my brother has installed into the system actually from the outlook navigation pane outlook favorite is missing. SO please anybody can help me to get the desired solution so that I can be able to see the missing Favorites folder from the Outlook 2010 navigation pane. Thanks in advance.

Re: Favorites is missing in Outlook 2010 navigation pane

I think to get the desired solution you need to reset the navigation pane. After resetting the navigation pane you might be able to see the missing Favorites folder from the Outlook 2010 navigation pane. SO to get the desired solution just follow the points I am describing below:
    • First you have to go the start option which you can see on the screen.
    • After this just you have to use the run box to type the things I am specifying in this post “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\outlook.exe" /resetnavpane”
    • This will clears the entire thing and then generates the fresh navigation pane for the current profile and reset the navigation pane and then I think you will be able to get the desired solution.

I think this can be solved by using the method I am displaying below. I think your method of adding the folders to the favorite is might be wrong so I am giving you some new ideas and try using this idea’s to add the folders to the favorite. Try the steps below:
    • Just do the rights click on the folder you want to add to favorites.
    • After this as you have all ready clicked on the folder you want to add into the favorites then just use the Show in favorites and click on this option.
    • I think this will help you to get the desired solution if still the problem persists then I think you have to create a new user ID and then the issue will recovered.

I think this will surely help you to get the desired solution so I would like to suggest you to follow the steps I am describing below:
    • Go the start option and then select the run from the list you will get on the screen.
    • After this type resetnavpane to reset the navigation pane and now got to the mail pane and then use the shortcut key that is (ctrl +1) but keep in mind that you are not in the folder list as there is not any Favorite folders segment in the Folder list outlook 2010.