Thread: Unable to access the send data and received data files in outlook 2010

Unable to access the send data and received data files in outlook 2010

I am using the machine in which I have installed the office 2010 and also using windows vista. I have recently upgraded the MS Office 2010 from 2007. After this I am having problem in outlook that outlook suddenly stopped the sending and receiving messages. I get the following error messages that "Task 'Inbox - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F): 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'” And "Task 'Inbox - Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F): 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'" I tried to fix the information file is there anybody who can help me to resolve this problem?

Re: Unable to access the send data and received data files in outlook 2010

First check out that which version of the operating system you are using is it 64 bit or it is 32 bit. If you are using the 64 bit operating system then you have to do the check of the system by clicking on the control panel and after that you have click on the View 32bit operating system now under the classic view you will get a mail icon. After getting this icon now start creating the new outlook profile. I am not sure this will help you or not but think this might help you to get the desired solution.

I think the problem which is occurred is due to the up gradation which you have done in the office. Actually sometimes this up gradation will also cause the problem of such errors you are getting right now with your outlook. SO the solution for this issue which you are getting is you have to create a new mail profile and then connect that profile to the current .pst file you have. I think this will help you to get the desired solution. Try doing the things I have stated in this post.

To get the solution for the issue you have is only by creating the new mail account and once you have created the account just open the older outlook account and set that as a default to set the older account as default you have to do the following step I am mentioning below:
    • To open outlook information file just click on the file option and then open and after that go to the outlook data file and after you have enter into this option you have to select the Outlook.pst and after that click on the open to open the file.
    • AS soon as the file is opened just go to the file option and then go to the information of the file and then go to the account settings and after entering into the account setting click on the data file tab
    • After this you have to hit on the older file and set that file as your default file after that click on the OK option.
    • After performing all the above option just close the outlook and then restart the outlook and see if this helps you or not.

I have got the solution for the error I was facing in the outlook that I was unable to get the access on the send data and received data files. So your suggestion of crating an older file as a default file so I have done the same thing as you have suggested to me and this helps me a lot to get the desired solution. Thank you for the help actually i have done many searches on the net for the solution but every time i was failed. Thanks a lot.