Thread: Not receiving hotmails in outlook and getting the error code 4201 and 8de00002

Not receiving hotmails in outlook and getting the error code 4201 and 8de00002

Hi, I am using the personal computer since last five years as soon as I started my studies in information technology. Actually I am studying in last year BSc (IT) so I have bought the computer form the first year of my junior college. I am using machine with windows 7 professional and using outlook connector V. 14.0.4760.1000. Upto day I was able to get the hotmail running and also getting all the things synchronized while I have installed the outlook connector. But after sometimes means today in the morning when opened my system then I was able to see only the send mails from my outlook windows live account but not able to see any of the received mails. The Error I have got is something like this which I am giving you below hope this will help you to get understand the problem in more detailed so that you will be able to answer me very easily. The error was something like this:
    Time: 6/2/2010 9:48:00 PM
    Error in Mail
    There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web.
    Error: 4201. Client. Invalid folder name.

Time: 6/2/2010 9:48:00 PM
    Error in Mail
    Error with Send/Receive.
    There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 8de00002.
    What type of problem is this I am suffering from? Please anybody can help me in getting the desired solution. Please help me.

Re: Not receiving hotmails in outlook and getting the error code 4201 and 8de00002

I think the solution I am giving here might be helpful to you so you should use the following points I am giving below:
    • First thing you have to do is just remove the windows live account form the outlook.
    • After removing the windows live account just uninstall the outlook connector from the machine you are using.
    • As soon as you have performed all the above steps just delete the entire .ost file which are associated with the windows live account.
    • For the deletion of the .ost file click on the start and then all programs after getting into the all programs go to the accessories and then go to the run option and then copy the .ost location path and paste it into the open field and then press enter.
    • After doing all the above things you need to use the fresh outlook version connector which you can download from
    • After reinstalling the new outlook just configure the Windows Live account which you can do by using the outlook connector from the outlook.

Re: Not receiving hotmails in outlook and getting the error code 4201 and 8de00002

I think this error you are getting because you might have created some folders into the outlook or they might be online. If yes you have done something like this then I think try renaming them and after doing so which I am stated see are you getting the solution of the problem or not. I am not sure but think this might be helpful to you to get the solution for the Errors you are getting from the outlook.

I think I will be able to help you as I was having the similar kind of problem I would like to suggest you to perform what I have done and I was able to get the solution for my problem. Actually I am working in the a multinational company and I was getting a lot of emails which was related to my service and so I have created an new folder for those emails on my PC which I named as office’s. But after a reboot I found myself that the outlook is not working and so I searched a lot for the solution after going through this thread I got the solution that it can be solved only by creating the new folder for the mails you are getting. After that I found that my E-Mail program started working again as I have connected it to the MSN connector. I think this will help you to get the solution.

Oh that’s great it works for me actually I have created a folder and put the symbol in one of the folders. Following the subsequent reboot that email report wouldn't work. But the other email accounts which I have coordinated into Outlook were working. That causes it actually demanding to find out what was dissimilar by means of the accounts. Thanks for sharing the experience what worked for you.