Thread: No sound in VLC player

No sound in VLC player

I am having a HP Compaq laptop, which is compatible with the windows vista and the other specifications of the machines are like 2GB RAM and 320GB hard disk space. Just two months ago installed the VLC media player, which is worked fine till the last day. But suddenly from last night whenever I tried to play any video file in the player, it does not play the audio of that video file. I tried to play the same file in other players, where that one is played fine, not giving audio only in the VLC player. What should I do now? I like most the player that why I don’t want complete uninstall that one. Is there anyone having any suggestion regarding this problem?

Re: No sound in VLC player

Yes you are right, this I a good player, I am also using this one. Just few months ago I had the similar issue. Then searched different web sites and found a simple solution and after did this, the problem is vanishes. I simply did the fresh installation of the player software. And like to suggest you to try the process, it will also surely overcome your problem. For that go to program and feature under the control panel and in the drop down list look for the player name, click on that and then click to uninstall or remove option. A windows permission window will appear in the screen, it will ask for permission to run the operation, click on yes. Now in the uninstall window look for the repair option, click on the repair and it will made a fresh repair/installation of the software, you just follow the on screen instruction to do this. Lastly reboot the machine and try to play the video file in vlc, I hope this time there will no problem will occur.

There may the different audio and video output in the file , like the video is mp4v and the audio output is "samr", if this happens then this type of problem might be occur. For that you have to look for the audio and video codec, make sure that you are using the update version. If the audio output is "samr", then this will not play in VLC player. Then you have to convert the file into some other extension like in the mp3 or wav format. Download and install the appropriate converter for this process from the official web site and install it into your machine. Now select the file after opening the program application and covert the following file type into desired one. Rename the file name with the extension like mp4 or 3gp, these extensions are run in the VLC player. Try once with this. If the file audio extension is another then I recommend you to download and install the player codec, with the latest version. Make sure that the codec player is compatible with the operating system that you are having.

Hello, my VLC player is working fine in my windows XP compatible machine. It is very good player. Just today I encountered a problem with this player, which is, after turn on my machine I go for to play a movie file, which was running fine no problem with the video output, but there was no audio for the file. I just scared, I thought that there is any problem with my machine, and I reboot the machine instantly. After that while I tried again to play the same file, it happens same thing, no audio on is in the VLC player, I play the same file in KMPlayer, I found that it is works fine there, both audio and video are coming fine from the player. Now I am sure that there is a problem with the VLC player, but exactly where I don’t know. Any solution for this problem?

Go to the preference setting option of the player application, check for the audio setting which is set with the player. In the audio option under the preference window make sure that, the name of the audio device of your machine is present. Still this not helps you then I recommend you to update the version of the player. Go to the tool menu option select the update option from the list, which will appear after clicking on that menu bar tab. Make sure that the machine is connected with the internet. It will search for the latest version of the player and show you the information regarding this. Select the update from the pop-up window and it will update the version of VLC player in the existing version. I hope any one if them will definitely help you.