Thread: Unable to resize VLC Interface to Video Size

Unable to resize VLC Interface to Video Size

I have a desktop Pc at my home and I have installed VLC media player in my computer. I am using it from the last 2 years and it was working fine without any problem. But now when I am trying to play nay video on my VLC player, then the video automatically starts with the window maximized. If I try to click the top right button for minimizing it, then it minimizes in such a way that it only shows the control along with the media, playback and the audio. It is quite irritation for me as every time I play the video on the VLC player it always shows the maximize view. Along with this issue I am also getting one more issue. I get a flicker on my screen after every 15-20 minutes. I have tried to reinstall the VLC player software on my machine, but did not get any success regarding it. Then I have tried to reinstall my operating system. I have installed a fresh copy of windows 7 OS, but even this is not helping me out. If anyone there is having the same problem or have any solutions regarding this problem, then try to post it here. Thanks.

Re: Unable to resize VLC Interface to Video Size

I have gone through you problem and after going through it, i founded that your problem is related with the %appdata%\vlc folder in your machine. So for solving this problem I will suggest you to remove this particular folder from you machine. I have already tried this solution on system and it had really worked for me. So you also try it, as it might solve your problem as well. Hope have helped you.

I am also facing the same problem with the VLC player. After playing any video file it is not minimizing at all. It is quite annoying for me as every time I play the video, it start with the maximized view. I have already tried the solution of removing the %appdata%\vlc folder from my machine. It solved the problem, but only for a short period of time. This is because the next day I started my machine and played the video again the same problem of maximized window. So it is not the real solution for solving this problem. If you have any other solution for it, then post it here.

For this particular problem I will advise you to reset the settings for the VLC player. Try to change the resolution by going in to the view option in the menu bar. Select the resolution which you want. If doing this does not solves the problem, then the VLC software which you are having might be corrupted. So try to download fresh copy of VLC software, if you are having the live internet connection in you machine and then try to run it. I hope that after doing this fix, it will definitely solve your problem.
    Last edited by Common; 26-11-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the solution of resetting all the settings of my VLC player, but even after doing that I was not able to solve my problem. Then I completely removed my VLC software from my computer and I downloaded a fresh and latest version of VLC player. I installed it and when I ma playing any video now then, it is playing well and I am able to resize the video. I think that the copy of VLC software which I was using was having a bug in it. But it does not matter now as I have changes my software to new one. I was able to solve my problem only because of your help, so I will like to thank you for giving me that support.