Thread: VLC cannot play my Audio CD

VLC cannot play my Audio CD

I have VLC player installed on my system and the system is running on windows XP operating system. When I try to play it then it is not able to play it and gives me an error message and tells me to check the log for more detail. I am trying to play it by going to the files >> Open Disk OR by right clicking on CD in Win Explorer and choosing the option for playing it with the VLC player. I don’t have any idea related with this problem, so I require your help on this. Please help me out.

Re: VLC cannot play my Audio CD

I think the problem you are getting is that the VLC is not able to find the path. Because few days back even I was facing the same problem with the VLC while trying to play audio CD using the same method as you are using. So my friend suggested me to specify the track when I use files>> Open Disc method for playing the CD. So you also try to do the same thing on your system. Hope you will be able to solve you problem.
    Last edited by desilva; 26-11-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks for the reply. I have referred you post and you have mentioned there you to specify the track. So I tried it and this time I was able to play the audio CD without any problem. I think that I had forgotten to select audio CD there. I will like to thank you for reminding me that, otherwise I would have wasted my couple of hours in finding the solution for this particular problem.

I am to facing the problem while playing the video on vlc player. My problem is that when I play any video or movie on VLC, then it plays normally for approximately 1 to 2 minutes and after that it displays a blurred video. When I stop the player and again start the video, then after working for couple of minutes it again shows the same problem. I have tried to play several video files, but I am getting the same outcome with all of them. Before this problem I was able to play the same video without any problem. I am running windows 7 OS. If you have any suggestions for this problem, then please help.

Have you tried to run you video files in some other player? Is it working fine there? If yes, then for you problem my suggestion would be to update you VLC player to the latest version, as you might be using some older version due to which you are facing this problem. If this does not solves the problem, then the last opting would be to reinstall the VLC software on your computer. Try it out and see what outcome you get.