Thread: MS Excel 2007: Display error message that “The Picture is too Large and will be truncated”

MS Excel 2007: Display error message that “The Picture is too Large and will be truncated”

Hello to all once again, I had the problem with my Microsoft Excel, it display me the error message that the picture is too large and will be truncated_not a ‘picture’- it is in the MS Excel that is being copied. When I transfer the Excel program from my personal computer to the new Toshiba laptop, it displays me the message about the picture. Is there any fix for this kind of the issue? i am unable to understand what it is?

Re: MS Excel 2007: Display error message that “The Picture is too Large and will be truncated”

Follow these steps and check and verify whether it can fix this issue:
    • Go to the start windows and in that go to the All programs, select the Accessories and start the run window. In that type %temp%, after it will display the certain files. Delete the files and the folders from the given location also make sure that the all the applications should have to be closed before deleting the file.
    Try the steps under the section ‘Delete items from the Office clipboard’ in the link below to clear clipboard: office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA101636021033.aspx

Re: MS Excel 2007: Display error message that “The Picture is too Large and will be truncated”

I do also have the very same kind of the problem but unfortunately the above two steps doesn’t help me. Is this an issue that Microsoft is aware of? I know this is a huge company but is there the slightest chance that someone there can help us with this issue. There appear to be quite a lot of people with the same issue but I am yet to see any resolution of this irritating problem. I also use the Open Office suite and don't have this issue; finally I had got the solution for this problem. and I was easily get rid of this kind of issue. What I did is I removed the clipboard enhancement application along with my memory optimizer application, after doing this I then rebooted the system and it was really amazing to see that the problem was solved. I came to the point that Between the 2 of them one was definitely the culprit even though I wasted some time on it I was unable to know who the culprit is. Hope this will fix yours issue as well. if problem exist for you then better contact to Microsoft support.

When you open Microsoft Excel 2007 and want to insert the picture from your flash drive ensure or any other external hard drive that you have, you may have done the following: Open Excel 2007 > Insert tab > Illustrations grouping > click on the Picture button.
    The Insert dialog box appears. Locate the file on the flash drive > Insert.
    1) If you receive an error, try an alternate work around:
    Ensure that the image is in a .jpg or other 3 letter extension that is not a .jpeg format.
    If it is not, modify the image and save it with a new extension. Try inserting again using the steps above.
    2) If you receive and error again:
    I assume that the image worked fine in another Excel worksheet on your PC. Insert the image in Excel on your PC. Size it accordingly > Save the Excel file on your PC > save it the flash drive > Open the Excel file with the graphic in Vista's Excel 2007. Excel will automatically convert the file to the new version.
    3) If you receive an error again:
    I would consider on the old machine, using a screen capture tool (i.e., Snag It has a free trial to download) open the graphic > press Print Screen on your keyboard after the download and then save the image to your flash drive.
    Try the insert picture steps in Excel 2007.
    I believe the issue is with the graphic and not Excel. So if you know it worked fine on your old pc, then try fixing the problem there using some of the options mentioned above. Another possible work around is to try putting the picture into PowerPoint 2007 on your vista machine. If it works there, in PowerPoint save the slide as a .jpg format and then you can insert it into Excel using the insert picture method. If it doesn't work in PowerPoint 2007 again, go try the steps in the PC. I feel confident one of these work around should solve your problem.