Thread: Signatures with Outlook templates

Signatures with Outlook templates

I work in a BPO environment which has important email usage. Quite a lot of email templates have been shaped on a share drive for people to access to craft sending email more rapidly. While by means of Outlook in MS Office 2003, the individual's signatures would auto settle in the templates while opened. Since improvement to MS Office 2007, the signatures will no longer auto settle. People have to select the insert signature button in its place. How can I acquire email signatures to auto settle the way they used to?

Re: Signatures with Outlook templates

As far as I know, this is a change in the intended performance between Outlook versions: Opening an .oft file to generate a message no longer puts in the user's default signature. I actually don't know the most excellent explanation is to demonstrate the users how to generate a signature QuickPart and save it in the NormalEmail.dotm template, which is utilized for email messages. This much information I have. If you found more information then must provide to me as well.

Let us ensure if the signature is selected to be exercised as default in all mails. Pursue below steps to create Signature default:
    1. First just Click on Tools- Options- Mail format- Signatures tab.
    2. On the left hand side choose which signature you wish in fresh mails and in respond mails and after doing this click on Ok.

This are some easy step how you attach Signatures with Outlook templates. So just try this and let me know is this help you or not.

Just tell me one thing is the template saved in .oft format? If that is the matter, it works very well in my PC while I checked. This is some steps how we generate a template:
    1. Open a novel mail then type or enter the signature you require.
    2. Click on Office button on the top left corner - Save as- Save it in whichever location you wish, may be in the common that is in the shared folder. Make certain you save the template in Outlook Template type.
    3. Struggle to open the template from the shared location and verify.

I also have to do this and yes as you say the email is saved in the .oft format. But the problem is that the similar email template is being utilized by lots of unlike people. If I comprise my signature while I make the template, it will for all time be there yes, but further people are using the template above and beyond me. In Microsoft Office 2003, I could generate a template without signature and put aside in the .oft format on a common disk drive which numerous people can right of entry. While people released the template, it would without human intervention comprise their signature into the email. Since going to MS Office 2007, that no longer occurs. The simply way people can acquire their signature into the email template is to click on the add signature key. Even that is not working properly as MS Office appears to wish to place the signature in a precise position in the email. If there is a bit written there, the signature will over write that data.