Thread: How can I append video files in powerpoint slides ?

How can I append video files in powerpoint slides ?

I have got a desktop system with windows xp home edition and MS Office 2003. I am a BE student and I have got a project on my way.My project is on a construction firm that shows the purchase and sale procedures required in sales and purchase of a construction site. I am thinking to add a video in my power point slides so that when I have to present my project it will look distinct from others. Has anyone has ever uploaded a video in their power point slide before .If anyone has , please guide me how to do it as I have to submit the soft copy next month. Waiting for your response.

Re: How can I append video files in powerpoint slides ?

If you really want to add a video file in your ppresentation then I think first step of your task should be to convert the video file which you want to add in the power point file into quicktime mp3 or mp4 , you can also append audio tracks using Pro tools. Once you have aded the sound track to your slide you can append the video , I think you will need a seperate software for it, then later on you will have to synchronize both the video and the audio files. And once you have added both the audio and video files , you will need an application that plays both the files altogether, I think VLC player will do. But I am not quite sure about the resolution, whether it will be 1920 X 1080 . In case you get stuck in between , you can write your doubts and queries again in the forum.

Well I think you should use a converter which can covert the power point file into a video file, I can suggest you ne of such tool available , it is Wondershare PPT2Video. Once you have installed this tool, you will be able to convert the media files stored in all video supported formats such as mp4, and the high definition Mp4 as well, avi format, wmv, mpeg and flv format as well. If you want to set the resolution 1920x1080 you can convert into the high definition MP4. Whatever format you upload in your ppt , all will be played same once the conversion is done. Get back to the forum if you get any issue.

You can insert one or more video clips — that is, movies — into any slide. You might want to play a video quote from your product manager, for example, or run a short documentary movie for a fund-raising event. You could even create a video for product tutorials and educational materials.
    Most of the movie clips stored in the Clip Organizer are simply animated .gif files, small files that contain an animated sequence of images. If you imported your own movie files into the Clip Organizer, you will find them there, too, generally stored in .avi format. You might be able to find additional movie clips on your network, intranet, or the Internet.

• Insert a movie using Clip Organizer

• Display the slide in which you want to add a video clip.
    • On the Insert menu, point to Movies and Sounds, and then click Movie from Clip Organizer.

You can now browse the Clip Organizer for a movie clip. PowerPoint will open the Clip Art task pane and will select the Movies option in the Results should be drop-down list. You can use the Clip Art task pane to locate a video clip stored on your computer or on the Office Online Web site.

• Insert a movie from a file

You can insert a movie from a movie file on a local disk, a shared network location, or an Internet site.

• On the Insert menu, point to Movies and Sounds, and then click Movie from File.
    • Select the movie file in the Insert Movie dialog box, and then click the OK button.
    • If you selected a movie clip in animated .gif format, the animation will run automatically the entire time the slide is displayed in a slide show. If, however, you selected a movie in another format (such as .avi), PowerPoint will display a message box letting you choose when the movie will play.
      • To have the movie play automatically when the slide is displayed in a slide show, click the Automatically button.
      • To have the movie play only after you click the movie image, click the When Clicked button. PowerPoint will then add the clip(?) to your slide.

• Click the movie you want to add to your slide.