Thread: Error: The version of Windows SharePoint Services running in SharePoint Designer Server

Error: The version of Windows SharePoint Services running in SharePoint Designer Server

I am getting an error while I try to make use of SPD with Office Live Business Applications classified site. The error was talked about beforehand, with no clear resolution which I could decide. So here is the error which I am getting while I attempt to open my Biz App in SPD. Server Error: The version of Windows SharePoint Services running on the server is additional topical than the version of SharePoint trendy you are by means of. You require an additional fresh version of SharePoint Designer. I would be grateful for any help even a work around would be enormous.

Re: Error: The version of Windows SharePoint Services running in SharePoint Designer Server

Before I go further I just require some notes or some information from you. Are you utilizing Share Point Designer 2007? I am capable to access the whole thing fine with 2007 and if you are by means of older version, you may require getting the latest or fresh one. So first try this and after that try with your problem. If still your problem not solve than tell me or post me the error message again.

Re: Error: The version of Windows SharePoint Services running in SharePoint Designer Server

This could be due to the method Windows directs numerous Live IDs. The easy clarification, if this is the problem, is to clear your password cache.
    1. On your machine, find the way to the Control Panel, open User Accounts.
    2. Click on the advanced tab and after that click on Manage Passwords.
    3. In the catalog, choose any item with Passport in its title, click Remove, and after that click OK.

If you are on a Windows 2003 Server machine, you can perform this through finding the way to Control Panel - Stored User Names and Passwords.

I have the similar issue and I try the lots of thing. But I can’t come out with my problem. I am utilizing SPD 2007. I did what you DotNetUser suggested and it really worked! The problem is unquestionably being caused by logging into two different Window Live ID accounts on the equivalent machine. Thanking you to help me I mean to assist me and to solve my problem.

While annoying to connect to a site, I am receiving Server error: The version of Windows SharePoint Services running on the server is extra fresh than the version of SharePoint Designer you are utilizing. You require an extra fresh version of SharePoint Designer. Humorous mania is that I do not have this difficulty with other sites on the similar server, only one's I have attempted to generate in the precedent not many days. I am using SharePoint Designer 2007 SP1. This may be connected to Office Live, but I am not certain.