Thread: Unable to remove Hotmail Connector add-in

Unable to remove Hotmail Connector add-in

Hi friends, I am having the operating system windows Vista on to my computer and it has the Office 2007 version. When I try to remove or disconnect the Microsoft Hot mail Connector add-in from outlook 2007, it gives me the error message that "This add-in is installed for all users of this computer and can only be connected or disconnected by an administrator". As I am the administrator of this computer, I am unable to perform it. Also I want to know whether how to remove the Microsoft Outlook Connector software from my system. any help to remove it.

Re: Unable to remove Hotmail Connector add-in

Very firstly restart your system and then try to uninstall the Outlook connector. If the problem persist while trying to remove the outlook directly than try to do it manually. To remove the Microsoft Office outlook connector manually perform this steps: (1) firstly search for and then rename or delete it: C:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\1033\ msncon32.dll, mapisvc.inf which is being updated by the Outlook Connector installation.
    In the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Outlook Connector
    custsat.dll
    msncon.cfg
    msnconrc.dll
    msnhelp.chm
    msocp32.dll
    msocprc.dll
    olcstart.exe
    (2) then do the backup and delete if it is listed: keep in mind that, if you make use of the Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft does not guarantee that you can solve the problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Back up the registry with the help of the: windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Back-up-the-registry
    (3) lastly restart the computer and then check whether it is being deleted.

You can also try to uninstall the Microsoft Office outlook connector using the windows installer cleanup utility from this link: support.microsoft.com/kb/932857. It will clean the outlook connector and also clean all its related content. Also the method suggested by "MahaGuru" is also good way, the thing is that it will remove it manually. better you uninstall wit the help of the Microsoft support.

If you want to remove the Microsoft Outlook Connector software from your system than go to the Control-Panel, in control panel go to the Add or Remove programs in to the Windows XP and for Windows Vista go to Programs and Features. Uninstall your Microsoft Outlook Connector totally from your system. Have you NEVER in your entire life installed or uninstalled any software?