Thread: Microsoft Document Image Writer not installing in Windows 7

Microsoft Document Image Writer not installing in Windows 7

I have Windows 7 with Office 2007 or 2003, I have installed both Office and working the program "Microsoft Office Document Imaging" but I can not install and I get the virtual printer "Microsoft Office Document Imaging Writer". Please give me some solutions in details, since I am not having much knowledge about these things. I am sure that someone hanging out there would be interested in helping me sooner. Also want to know about the compatibility of this application with my operating system.

Re: Microsoft Document Image Writer not installing in Windows 7

Office 2003 is not compatible with Windows 7 so that I could never properly settle certain devices (such as that printer) and also its installation causes problems later. Also I cannot understand why you have kept the both versions? Only Office 2007 will also do your necessary things.. I advise against installing it (although it was later removed). Also 2007 is not compatible to 100% on it, if your Windows is 64 bits. The only 100% compatible Office is Office 2010. So first make your applications (MS Office) compatible with the operating system and later on you can rectify your issues.

Try the following steps:
    1. Close any open Office application.
    2. Click on the Start menu, control panel, programs and functions.
    3. Select Office 2007 and click the Change button.
    4. Select "Change or Remove Features", expand the item "Office Tools".
    5. Change the Microsoft Office Document Imaging as unavailable and apply.

Expected to be completed, it again the steps above and marked as available the Microsoft Office Document Imaging.

Hello, my printer "Microsoft office document imaging writer" disappeared from the Windows. Well I tried the driver from Office 2003 to reinstall. Opt wider the complete reinstallation of Office 2003 did not install the driver. How can I reinstall the drivers? Please help me, because even I am newbie in this field. If anyone was having such kind of issue before and had solved it, then please mention that exact steps.

Just try the following:
    Under Start - Settings - Printers and Faxes - Add Printer - Next - select Local printer, the computer is connected to the - check mark (tag) for Plug and Play printer install and automatically detect and remove - Next - Select Use the following connection - Microsoft Document Select Image Writer - Next. Then follow the installation wizard. It will definitely help you.

Although a bit longer here, since the question was asked ... But perhaps the answer will help so now also to anyone else? I had the same problem - for me the following has helped:
    1. Under control panel to "Microsoft Office ..." (Mine was Office 2003).
    2. go to "change"
    3. then click on "Add or Remove option"
    4. Tick "Advanced Adjustments"
    5. Then select more
    6. under "Office Tools" click +
    7. "Microsoft Office Document Imaging" and click to "not available"
    8. Then go to update. (This is uninstalled MODI!).
    9. Next, repeat all the steps (1-8), and start in place of "not available" from My Computer "select - thus the whole is re-installed properly, and the writer is working again perfectly!!
    Good luck .....

One reason why a Microsoft Office Document Imaging Printer stopped working may be possible that the TEMP directory under C: / Windows / does not exist. Before the office document imaging printer is deleted, create this directory C: / Windows / TEMP. My File Monitor from SysInternals showed that after looking at is printing (with the result "NOT FOUND") and after directory creation of the printer worked perfectly again. Also my friend had the same problem installing iGrafx, which had the VBA part of Office 2003 shot under, and after the repair install of Office2003 was the image printer disappeared ... So you can try these things also.