Thread: Digital signature is missing in excel 2007 while saving the xls file

Digital signature is missing in excel 2007 while saving the xls file

I have a trouble with digitally signed macro in excel 2007. I have an xlam file that has the macro code. The xltm file has the process calls for this macro code. Every one worked very well awaiting the digital signature approached into the light. Now I have digitally signed the xlam and the xltm files. While I release the xltm and save the data inhabited by means of the xlam I get a caution message: You have customized a signed project. You do not have the accurate input to sign this project. The signature will be superfluous. Do you wish for to save changes and abandon the signature or abandon the save action. The digitally singed macro does not work in this case.

Re: Digital signature is missing in excel 2007 while saving the xls file

I have the similar issue and my code mechanism like following:
    Situation: Enable macro security to elevated. The xltm file generates a fresh sheet and inhabits the data by performing process calls here in the xltm file. The procedures in the xlam measly open the database and load the fresh sheet with the data. The data occupied is saved as a split xls file. I am in point of fact by means of the xltm file to call the events in the xlam file and make an xls file. But I still get an error message that you have modified a signed project. Do you wish to save changes and dispose of the signature or terminate the save action. Please let me am familiar with if extra apparent explanation is necessary. Can anybody supply me proposition as to how to carry on further.

I don’t have a much idea about digital signature in MS excel but once one of my friend told me about this. So I just remember some points of it which I going to give you today. There is pair of categories of digital signature. You can contain the key for one which means that you are familiar with it as convictional or you can have a code signing key. You require the code signing key to be capable of construct modifies and not misplace the digital signature.

You should modify your xlam code which is in MS excel 2007. There is a free guide to obtain you in progress: The whole thing you require to be acquainted with About Reporting but were frightened to inquire is a immense primary step. This is the guide which one and all requirements they had as a orientation to recognize what even issues in a report resolution. It will assist you rest certain that your company is receiving the nearly all out of your reporting software and casing the bases that count. This is a grand and free of charge resource to classify the resolution which is accurate for you. Go to business reporting software and download the whole thing you require to be familiar with about reporting.

I am annoying to apply a digital signature to my XLS document. I have shaped a pair of macros and while I go into the VB editor and go to Tools- Digital Signature and choose my digital ID It appears No Certificate. After that I continue to choose and select my Digital ID from the record. Later than hitting ok it will currently show The VB project is at present signed as my Digital ID but while I egress out of the VB editor and away of excel and regenerate the xls it does not have the digital ID attached any longer. It demonstrates the VB project is at present signed as no certificate.

I had a world of difficulty annoying to obtain my digital signature to stick to a workbook, and one of the troubles I had was this one. I finally found around this, so don't mislay confidence. As far as I can gather, it has to do with how you import your digital signature keen on the certificate amass. There is a device to do it, downloadable from Microsoft. Make certain you acquire purge of every references to the at present setup certificate, you perceptibly imported it the wrong way. The file you wish to download is: pvkimprt.exe. Run during the install process accurately as in the instructions. Do not attempt to do it rapidly or slash corners, or else it just won't work. I had a difficulty on my computer somewhere I would find middle through bring in procedure, and the pvkimprt.exe would in a minute vanish, no error message, not anything. If that occurs you are turned. I could not at all resolve that, apart from for installing the cert on an additional development computer. That is an ache, because you continually have to utilize that extra computer to sign your projects.