Thread: OVI Suite and Windows Visible problem

OVI Suite and Windows Visible problem

I am running windows 7 64 bits, along with the Nokia PC Suite 7.1.51.0 up till now I didn’t face any kind of problem. I plan to upgrade my Nokia N8 mobile phone from my residence. I have come to see that my Nokia N8 mobile phone will not able to run OVI Suite and I will able to run the Nokia PC Suite. I have managed OVI Suite with the Nokia PC Suite. But now I am unable to manage the OVI Suite on my system. Please solve my problem that I am facing on my system. I have installed OVI Suite 2.2.1.23. When I start it, it displays the major screen, and you can just make out a little window appearing in the center saying that "Nokia OVI". Then the program stops responding, ultimately showing the error message.
    Code:
    Runtime Error!
    Program: C:\...
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application’s support team for more information.
    Does anyone have solved this problem from their system, please help me.

Re: OVI Suite and Windows Visible problem

I am also using OVI Suite on Windows 7 64 bit system through relatively a number of OVI versions at the present and have not had a faced the problem with crashing or installation. I think that your user accounts are associates with Administrator privileges so that the OVI has constantly been installed and run with that application. So if you have not done you may try to this. Or this may cause due to Event Logs. I have not install the OVI Suite and PC Suite mutually on my system I think you may try to install the OVI Suite alone if it has all the functionality you need. When I have done this I have done the cleanup of the system with admiration to Nokia things counting the OVI Suite, and then I have reinstalled the OVI Suite into my system.

I have tried to uninstall the entire Nokia software, counting the OVI suite, by means of PC Suite Cleaner. Then it will restart and then reinstall only the OVI suite. Like you have suggested, it is not possible to difference with PC Suite, but if it provides the similar functionality, it wouldn't affects me if I didn't have PC Suite installed at all. I am the single user of my system, and therefore the administrator. The whole thing installs using administrator qualifications. You have mentioned about the Event Logs but I am not conscious of this, so anyone have the information regarding this please help me out from this problem.

Event Viewer tracks information in several different logs. Windows Logs include:
    1. Application (program) events. Events are classified as error, warning, or information, depending on the severity of the event. An error is a significant problem, such as loss of data. A warning is an event that isn't necessarily significant, but might indicate a possible future problem. An information event describes the successful operation of a program, driver, or service.
    2. Security-related events. These events are called audits and are described as successful or failed depending on the event, such as whether a user trying to log on to Windows was successful.
    3. Setup events. Computers that are configured as domain controllers will have additional logs displayed here.
    4. System events. System events are logged by Windows and Windows system services, and are classified as error, warning, or information.
    5. Forwarded events. These events are forwarded to this log by other computers.

Applications and Services Logs vary.They include separate logs about the programs that run on your computer, as well as more detailed logs that pertain to specific Windows services.
    • Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click an event log in the left pane.
    • Double-click an event to view the details of the event.

If you are facing the same problem with your Nokia N8 mobile phone and you are facing the error message “Runtime Error! Program: C:\... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information" then you go to this link from there you can easily be able to solve your problem.