Thread: How to open, add, connect to PST files from Outlook Pro Plus 2010 RTM

How to open, add, connect to PST files from Outlook Pro Plus 2010 RTM

Hi all, I have installed the Microsoft office 2010 on my computer which is running Windows XP in it. I don’t have any problem with the Outlook. I am able to send and receive the mail without any issue. Problem comes when I try to connect to a pst file. It does not allow me to connect to the pst file. Whenever I try to do that then it shows me the following error message.
    path does not exist verify the path is correct
    P1: 300274
    P2: 14.0.4763.1000
    P3: lbpq
    P4: 0x80070003
    If I go to Home, Items, More Items, Outlook Data File and try to create a new empty pst file then also it gives me the same error message. When I tried in File, Account Settings, Data Files, Add then it gives me the error as below:
    "An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x80070003"
    I am not able to solve this and therefore I am leaving this here so that I can get help from your guys. Please help me.

Re: How to open, add, connect to PST files from Outlook Pro Plus 2010 RTM

I think that you have set some invalid path in the config and that is creating the problem for you. You should see and verify the configuration settings once again and if you find any such invalid path then you should make the correction accordingly. You should also check the registry for this. I wish you get the right one and solve the issue.

It is possible that there is problem with the existing profile that you are using. You should try to create and reconfigure the email profile and this may solve the problem. Below are the steps that you have to follow to do this.
    1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
      control panel
      Note: If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, double-click View 32-bit Control Panel in Control Panel to display the Mail icon.
    3. Open the Mail Setup dialog box:
      For Windows 7:
      • If Control Panel is in either Large icons or Small icons view, click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears.
      • If Control Panel is in Category view, under View by, click to select either Large icons or Small icons, and then click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears.

For Windows Vista or Windows XP:
      • If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears.
      • If Control Panel is in Category View, under Control Panel, click Switch to Classic View for Windows XP, or click Classic View for Windows Vista, and then double-click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears.
    4. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
    5. On the General tab, under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.
    6. In the Profile Name box, type the name that you want to use for the new email profile, and then click OK.
    7. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
    8. Click the appropriate server type for your new email account, and then click Next.
    9. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next.
    10. Click Finish, and then click OK.

Your currently installed office may be corrupted and that is why you are facing the problems like this. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the office from your computer completely and install that again. See whether it solves the problem or not? If it does not help you then you can try to install that again with a different copy of the setup. I am saying this because it is possible that the setup that you are using is corrupted itself and that is why every time you are getting this problem. Try out this before trying anything else.

It may be because of the virus attack on your system. Have you installed any antivirus on your system? If not then you have to install a good antivirus and scan the entire system with that. Clean or delete all the infected files if that are not needed to you. Before going for scanning, you should make sure that the virus definition is up to date otherwise some threads may not be detected and your system may not be cleaned completely.