Thread: What is WinPatrol

What is WinPatrol

Hello friends, recently I have came across a word called Winpatrol from a friend of mine and I wasn't able to get any idea about what it means. On asking him about what the term means, he told that it is a kind of software that keeps tabs on a all the activities of the computer. Now, why would one require this. Can any give me a brief description about what this term really means, what are its functionality and how can we use this software. Also, what are the things required to run this software.

Re: What is WinPatrol

Winpatrol is a kind of software that helps in keeping tabs on the computer security. In general this software is used to detect any kind of attacks on your computer from any external entity. This software gives you a live image of your computer system regarding any changes that has occurred as compared to the previous behavior. This will help you to know what are the changes that has occurred at that very instant and so you will take appropriate action at the same time.

Hey winpatrol gives you the snapshot of the current condition pf the behavior. Most of the antivirus programs will only detect the virus on scanning the hard drive or any drive which you will find the error. But this software will take the snapshot of the system resources and alerts you whenever it finds any changes in the system due to any of the activities that has occurred. This by-far the best technique available to the user inorder to make themselves secure from any kind of computer related threat

Winpatrol is a software that monitor all the system process that is currently taking place and gives you the snapshot if it finds there is any kind of changes in the process. That is whether the system has been attacked by any kind of trojan or other malicious programs. This will help you to know about the threat at that very time and you can take the action at that very instant. It is available for free and you can easily download from the web and can run on any Windows based platform.

Hello friends I was using this WinPatrol software on my computer system that had Windows xp on it. It was working very fine with the the old operating system and it really helped me to find out various issues before hand. However, when I recently upgraded my operating system to include Windows 7, I found out that the software was not able to run and was showing some " file missing " error. Can someone help me to overcome this issue. I really want to make use of this software because I fear that my computer will be attacked by some malicious programs that will harm my computer. So I would want to avoid that situation and want to protect the computer from getting damaged.

Hey since you have upgraded your computer system to include Windows 7 operating system, I think that the WinPatrol software wont be compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. So inorder for it to run smoothly on Windows 7 I would request you to either update the software or reinstall a new version of the software to make it compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. I think that this is the only solution available to you to make it work.