Thread: Send and Receive issue with Outlook 2003

Send and Receive issue with Outlook 2003

I was using Microsoft windows operating system on my desktop. I was also having Microsoft Outlook 2002 installed for sending and receiving email. After the release of Microsoft Outlook 2003 I also wanted to upgrade my outlook to a newer version. So I downloaded and installed Outlook 2003 on my system. After installing Outlook 2003 I am not able to send or receive email. I need a solution for troubleshooting Outlook 2003 problems while sending and receiving emails.

Re: Send and Receive issue with Outlook 2003

Suppose that you have downloaded and installed Microsoft Outlook 2003 successfully then the next step is to check the internet connection. If you are connected to the internet but cannot send or receive email then you need to create a new email profile. For creating new email profile you need to follow the below steps.
    1. Go to Start and open the control panel. Depending on which version of operating system you are using you need to select category View/ User Accounts and then click on mail. The mail setup window will open.
    2. Click on show profile. Click on add button to create a new profile.
    3. After the profile window opens, in the type test in the Profile Name box and then click on ok button to name the new email profile.
    4. Click on add new e-mail account and then click on next button to proceed further.
    5. Select POP3 and then click on next button. Fill the box in the internet E-mail Settings dialog box and the account type set is to be POP3.
    6. Now enter the information into Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server (SMTP) boxes from the ISP.
    7. Click on next and then click on finish button. Your new profile has been created.
    8. Using this profile you need to send and receive email.

Suppose that you have created a profile. After creating profile you need to set the profile for sending and receiving email. For setting the profile to send and receive email you need to follow the below steps.
    • Go to Start/the control panel and then select mail dialog box by clicking on mail icon.
    • In the Microsoft Outlook, select use this profile box and then select your profile.
    • Click on ok button. Now you can use the outlook to send and receive email with the profile that you have created.

Microsoft Outlook 2003 is used for sending and receiving email. If the outlook 2003 server ports are not configured properly then you may face problem in using outlook. The values you see on the advanced tab in the server port depend on the type of email account you set. You should check that the Incoming server (POP3) should be set to 110 and the Outgoing server (SMTP) should be set to 25. If the port numbers are entered properly then you will not face any problems.

You should follow the below tips while using Microsoft outlook 2003
    1. Many Internet addresses are case sensitive. So you should check for correct capitalization.
    2. You need to establish the internet connection and then start the outlook.
    3. You should also confirm all the internet mail settings with the internet service provider.
    4. If you have configured your service to a remote mail then in that case there is a possibility that you might lose connection.