Thread: Default programs list is not showing in MS-Outlook 2010

Default programs list is not showing in MS-Outlook 2010

I have presently installed MS-Office Home & Business 2010 edition on my 32-bit Windows 7 PC. I am experiencing much synchronization -related issues due to the incapability to choose the MS-Outlook like as the Default Email client. After a look for for online help there come into sight that be two conflicting and mismatched ways to set MS-Outlook 2010 as the default email program. MS-Outlook 2010 help recommend you opening MS-Outlook, selecting the different File Tab, selecting various Options from the tab , selecting General, and then choose the check-box to "create MS-Outlook 2010 as the default program for E-Mail application, Contacts, and Calender". I did that, though, MS-Outlook still does not pop up on the Default Program catalog and is not being recognized as the default by either the Mobile-Me or Blackberry synchronizing programs. Similarly when attempt to set MS-Outlook as the default by selecting the Start menu, Default Programs tab, It would emerge that for the synchronization services to work, MS-Outlook 2010 would have to be a selectable alternative from the default program list. Does have a suggestion on how can one make this happen?

Re: Default programs list is not showing in MS-Outlook 2010

may have downloaded from the internet from the Microsoft website. So by looking to your post I believe that you might be running the MS-office Home & Business 2010 edition Click-to-Run version. It runs in a virtualized function space and does not restore its settings in the registry entry similar to the typical MSI install of MS-Office 2010 does in that way. This MS-Office Home & Business 2010 edition of Office does not locate a default program like the typical one does. If you required Outlook to be the default email program settings in order for add-ons or incorporated applications software to work with it then consider installing the typical MSI version of the MS- Office Home & Business 2010 edition. This article may give details a little more concerning about on Click-to-Run and also commands for installing the MSI edition if you required.

I think that the above may not work so please let me make out if do have tried the below step to set MS-Outlook as default option. Here are the following steps which you will need to recommend they are as follows:
    1. Click on the Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser.
    2. Then select the Tools menu, from that select the Internet Options from that tab.
    3. Select the Programs tab.
    4. Then check out the E-mail box, click MS-Outlook.
    5. Select OK to shut the Internet Options dialog box.

I think that it may work for your quote you mentioned above

Hey, My copy of MS-Outlook 2010 does not have Tools Options and then go the Other option. I can able to click on the File then I go to Options then I selected General option, and there is a mark under the Statistics up options division for Make MS-Outlook 2010 the default program for E-Mail applications, Contacts of the colleague and Calendar . After that to that is Default Programs button; if I click on that, it carry up the Set Program relations dialog. This dialog is blank, so I have no file extension to choose and Save the file. It had work for me so you can also try out for this problem.