Thread: Converting ost files in pst format?

Converting ost files in pst format?

I use Windows 7 operating system and Microsoft Outlook to check my mails. It is quite obvious that when you want to access the mail in the Microsoft exchange sever then the maul is in .ost file and it is the integral part provided by the Microsoft , and that too can be done online, if you want to do it offline you will have to access it in .pst and it is not supported by the server. I think there was a tool available in Microsoft Outlook 2003. So Please tell me how I can convert .ost into .pst format.

Re: Converting ost files in pst format?

The out look users who leave a certain firm or organization and they want to carry some of the currently stored details such as mail, contact list, calendar either delete their current account from the outlook, they do not realize that these files cannot be opened elsewhere or the outlook of any other system , in fact these stored can be opened if it was opened through the account which actually had created it. So you will need a certain tool to recover by restoring it. Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Recovery is one of the tool you can use to recover the pst files and use it again. This tool can be used if you do not have restore point.

After conversion you should manage your diskpace and for that purpose you can can manually compact both the .ost and .pst files .

How to Manually Start PST Compaction ?
    • On the File menu, click Data File Management.
    • Click to select your Personal Folder, and then click Settings.
    • On the General tab, click Compact Now.
    • Click OK, and then click Close.

Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
    • Click the File tab on the Ribbon, and then click the Info tab on the menu.
    • Click the Accounts Settings tab, and then click on Accounts Settings again
    • Click the Data Files tab.
    • Click to select your Personal folder, and then click Settings.
    • On the General tab, click Compact Now.
    • Click OK, and then click Close.

How to Manually Start OST Compaction
    Use one of the following methods:
    Method 1: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

• Delete any items that you do not want to keep, and then empty the Deleted Items folder.
    • On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
    • In the list, select Microsoft Exchange Server, and then click Change.
    • Click More Settings.
    • On the Advanced tab, click Offline Folder File Settings.
    • Click Compact Now.

Method 2: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and earlier versions of Outlook

• On the Tools menu, click to select E-mail Accounts.
    • Click View or change existing e-mail account, and then click Next.
    • Click Microsoft Exchange Server, and then click Change.
    • Click More Settings.
    • Click Compact Now.
    • When the compact operation is finished, click OK twice.
    • Click Next, and then click Finish.

Method 3: Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
    • Delete any items that you do not want to keep, and then empty the Deleted Items folder.
    • Click on File Tab in the Ribbon and Select Info tab in the Menu
    • Click on Accounts Settings tab, Click on Account Settings again
    • Click More Settings.
    • Click Compact Now.

Delete any items that you do not want to keep, and then empty the Deleted Items folder.
    • Click the File tab on the Ribbon, and then click the Info tab on the menu.
    • Click the Accounts Settings tab, and then click Account Settings again.
    • Click More Settings.
    • Click Compact Now.

I do not think Microsoft Outlook 2003 any such tool too convert the .ost file into .pst file , if you wish to convert them then you will have to explicitly purchase utility that are made for such type of conversion purpose. It is also possible that the ost file is being orphaned from your system , it this has really happened , then without thinking twice and wasting your time perform system restore . Then you will be able to export the ost to pst.

jennylembert Guest

ThumbsUp Re: Converting ost files in pst format?

I did not find any inbuilt tool in MS outlook that can convert the .ost file in .pst file. If in any case you want to convert the ost file in to pst file you have to go for a third party ost to pst conversion tool. such tools are able to convert the orphaned and inaccessible ost file into pst file. I found Stellar Phoenix Convert OST to PST tool it supports version of Windows and Outlook that you have i.e. Windows & and Outlook 2010. you can try this to convert your .ost file into .pst file

OST to PST Converter Software is the most popular program in any small & big organization and for normal user to recover and convert their corrupt OST data in easy or very simple way. You can use our OST Converter Software by using simple steps to convert your OST file into PST.

OST file to PST is converted to cure the damaged OST data as some valuable Outlook PST data. Conversion recovers all the stored data i.e. messages, calendar, tasks, contacts, journals etc. No data loss is observed after the complete OST file to PST file conversion.

More Detail Search In Google SysTools OST Recovery
    Last edited by FReakMaster; 18-06-2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Accidental deletion of user account from Exchange server, server crash, corruption of exchange server, downtime of server, etc are some issues due to which the data maintained in the OST file of Exchange server can be lost. To recover that lost data, a third party software of Kernel for OST to PST conversion can be used which converts OST to PST file format by maintaining the integrity of data.