Thread: Microsoft Office icons suddenly missing

Microsoft Office icons suddenly missing

Hello friends I installed Microsoft office 2007 on my computer last month. And then updated office 2007 to Microsoft Office 2010 a day before yesterday. From then, After an update i cannot able to see to see MS-Office Program Icons on together applications as well as Files. The programs look like Icon less images and files look like the old school Windows 95 "No Icon" Icon. Is there is any problem with the installation process.

Re: Microsoft Office icons suddenly missing

I think you have installed new version of the MS Office by downloading update which you installed recently?
    Are you capable to open MS-office 2010 files & various applications easily?
    I would recommend you that to use the below mention steps and verify if it helps.
    1. Right click on the desktop. Select the personalization option from the menu.
    2. Then select the change desktop icons, then re-establish default and then select the OK.
    3. Then after you may once more right selection on the desktop, select view option and doubled click on show desktop items.

You might also alter the default programs and check it again.

Hello friend thank you for your reply to my post your suggestion of changing to personalize mode it worked be quite better than the previous one. The images and the icon are quite readable and sight full than previous one. So If you have any suggestion how can I able to see my icons more clearly it is showing as missing. I can see for quite some time then it replenish after sometime so do you have suggestion for this or any other mode to get it clear?

If the above mentioned suggestion does not help you quite well, then you can attempt and rebuild your Icon Cache.
    But I would create a manual classification Restore point previous to in any case there is a problem, you can go back to the present version. You can even try to go system restore website to get an online web solution if you need support on generate a manual restore point. There have high-quality screenshot. Go to the restore website for training on how to restore the Icon Cache.