Thread: Installation stops at 50 % of MS-office 2010 starter (upgrade) installation

Installation stops at 50 % of MS-office 2010 starter (upgrade) installation

Hello friends, I have yesterday downloaded the free update from MS-Office Home & Student 2007 to MS-Office 2010. At about more than 50% of the mode of the installation process, a HP Solu. Centre window emerge suggesting me that my printer is offline (which it isn't!) and the MS-Office installation stops. I have tried it many times with the same result.
    I am having a HP Pavilion notebook with Win7 Home Premium edition on my laptop. Do anyone had suggestions as to how I can resolve this problem would be greatly respected. Have tried linking my printer straight to the and HP Solu. Centre pop-up no longer appears.

Re: Installation stops at 50 % of MS-office 2010 starter (upgrade) installation

Ok so I check out all this problem and my registry editor was by now set to this: "%user-profile%\application-data\roaming" until now I keep receiving the error note. "Error message told that "There was a difficulty in setting up MS-Office Starter 2010 edition: There was a difficulty in setting up MS-Office. attempt to running setup again. If trouble continues, contact “Microsoft-Product-Support” they may give the solution."this message happen when demo edition of MS-Office2010 home & student tries to install the basics entities. So inform me in plain "dummy" idiom what do now to fix this problem. I’m running vista as well as the Win 7. I just took my computer in for diagnostic clean and repair and it still won't go prerequisites??? please check out this quote it may help out to solve your problem. If you able to sort it out then please let me know.
    Last edited by void; 25-11-2010 at 04:29 AM.

Ohhh I think you may have made a big mistake of upgrading the MS-Office 2007 th the MS-Office 2010 the did you uninstall the MS-Office 2007 edition previously to MS-Office 2010 starter edition installation? If you have the installation resource handy for MS-Office 2010, try to uninstall MS-Office 2007 first form thecontrol panel and then go to add or remove programs and select MS-Office 2010 then right click on it and uninstalled the office 2007 then install Office 2010. If the problem still hanging around then attempt to set XPS Document Writer as the Default Printer and verify if it fixes the issue. And let me know whether the problem is resolve or not.

Hello friend thank you very much for your post I tried it out according to your suggestion. This had also worked for me also. I am running Windows 7 had Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 trail version is already installed. What I have done is I had removed all other MS-Office versions which was present inside my computer, I even cleaned the registry editor of my hard drive, and then suddenly the installation of the full edition of Microsoft Office 2010 Starter edition would just stop. I just Shutdown the AV and the spoolsv.exe file and within 5 minutes and so the installation of the Microsoft Office 2010 starter edition was completed. I literally spent about 6 hours to trying to fix this issue in my computer and I finally got this and started my Microsoft Office with regular efficiency and I am very thankful thank I found this post which you posted for this qoute.