Thread: Pre-installed MS-Office Starter 2010 does not start

Pre-installed MS-Office Starter 2010 does not start

Hie friend I purchased a laptop running Windows 7 Starter with a registration for MS-Office-2010 and I was unaccustomed until I attempted to install it that the MS-Office starter 2010 software had not run on my OS . I had already been aggravated to enter my product key during the installation before the error message and told that problem in setting up MS-Office 2010 starter edition was achieve suggesting me that the current software which you are using was incompatible. MS-Office Starter 2010 software came prior loaded on the laptop with a demo edition of the 30 days, so I have installed that & in fact like to gain a product key for this edition of the software, since I have previously paid for MS-Office 2010.Is this trial version is a problem for these problem. Can anyone know about this problem. So please reply to my post.

Re: Pre-installed MS-Office Starter 2010 does not start

I ordered a laptop from Dell that was theoretical it is told MS-office Starter 2010 is already installed. But when actually run the system it was found not installed. There was additional missing software like add-ons, many of them I did not care concerning anyhow. I have my laptop for 2 weeks now and still have not been able to get Dell to stick this problem. Dell customer care instruct me to download the 60-day demo edition of MS-Office starter 2010. I sense that they cheated me again , since I already had paid for the Starter edition and Dell appears reluctant to right their error. A second request to resolve my misplaced Starter edition yeild the similar comeback - download the demo edition, but that time I was suggested I could improve it to the full edition by buying license copy. I think that Microsoft requires to reorganize the MS-Office 2010 Starter edition allocation and make it easy to resolve troubles like this.

I also tried your answer with the application data key and everything is nice with that- I bought this computer also prior installed with MS-Office 2010 Startup and installed and setup everything a day before, everything was working fine and then today each time I attempt to open an office files or excel it gives me an error note ..it question me that would I like this program to do changes to my PC name: XYZ then i clicked OK it seemed like it was doing somewhat but then not anything opened up no particular window no excel sheet, not anything at all so I attempted to go to a reinstate point and reinstate to sat before and i got samen error message showing that the restore settings could not able to completed

Try to edit the registry key code to see if this helps:
    Launch the product key editor as Administrator.
    Select on the Start menu, Type on "Regdit" with no the citation marks. Right click on Regdit and select the "Run as administrator" and select Yes on the UAC dialog.
    Back up the file and then rename the Product Key if appropriate
    1. Follow the map to [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
    2. Found out the AppData key in the right pane of the register window. If the Data column hold only "%APPDATA%, then go on. If not, then do not go any additional. Close the registry editor.
    3. Select on the AppData key in the right sheet of the registry window, which should show up the product key.
    4. Then select the File, Export and select a position plus name of the save creative product key and select the Save button and click on it. But Do remember where you have saved it!