Thread: Opening files with wrong application

Opening files with wrong application

Hi! I am facing a problem of while trying to find a relevance to open a .php file; I have by mistake made the .php file to be open with the DVD writer application. Now I am not able to find the correct application to open it and not able to make them get rid of my DVD writer application. Tell me, How I can get rid of the function to free my unique file. Which has get some exceptional material on and I have taken backup of my all files. Is there any way available to solve this problem please help me.

Re: Opening files with wrong application

Hello! Brother, don’t be anxious, this problem is quite easy to fix and it will be coming again lot in future don’t panic with this problem. Just you have to follow the further instructions, right-click on your "PHP" file and go to its Properties. In normally a window will open, there is a little portion gives the option to Opens with; there it will be the name of your DVD application. And there on the right side of that there another option button that give the option Change. Select on that button and there it will open new a window, and press on Notepad and press OK button. And choose the "Ok" button again in order to close Properties window. I think this will open the program with the application you need to open.

Hi! The above described method is good; on right clicking it will display the option of all the software which you have installed in your computer. If you haven’t installed the software that will open the particular format file it won’t allow you to open with other application. If you will select the wrong option it will fetch the warning on your screen that with this you will lose some contain and it will open the contain in other format that you will not understand. To avoid this, look whether you have installed that particular software. At the time of installation it will ask to set the application open by default which it support. And simply say yes to that.

Hi! Your problem is quite simple to solve. Just follow the following three steps you will not get any problem with that type of file again in future till you will manually change the property of that file.
    1. Move the cursor of mouse to that file and Right-click the file and select open with option from the pop-up menu.
    2. Then Choose the Default Program option and click the program or application with whom you want to open the particular file.
    3. To avoid this problem in future Select the Always Use the Selected Program to Open This Kind of File and click on the check box and then click on OK button