Thread: Problem with the installation of the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

Problem with the installation of the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

I was installing drivers in my computer and while installing it everything seemed to be perfect now when i checked under the audio section there it suggested me a problem with the installation saying that the particular(Conexant High Definition Smart Audio 221 ) driver is not installed so i thought of downloading to a new driver with a particular website there it gave me the warning that the access is denied when i click on OK it attempts to continue but later it gives a error message saying that it could not locate the media device in the computer for the particular(Conexant High Definition Smart Audio 221 ) drive so now tell me what should i do in this situation give me some solutions to help me out.

Re: Problem with the installation of the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

I would suggest you to uninstall the particular(Conexant High Definition Smart Audio 221 ) audio drive from your computer totally and try it with the installation of a new drive may be a realtek and do install it after totally uninstalling the earlier drive, after you have finished with the installation of the new drive then do a re booting of the system it probably must work just try it out and let me know if it works or not.

Re: Problem with the installation of the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

I suggest you some steps do carry out first clean up you registry after performing the registry cleaning act delete the temporary files after performing this operations, install a new driver in a particular location by the add new hardware program and it will show you up in the device manager just select the properties and enable the particular drive to enable to work, what you are facing may have been caused due to missing of some files during the adding of hardware. Just try this out and let me know if it works out.

Yes i carried with this following operations but it didn't help me much as when i installed a realtek high definition driver and downloaded the codec audio from the internet to its location it worked properly and then i re booted the system for the changes to take place so when my system started it showed me a message with a ! sign saying that it cant configure the files of the earlier(Conexant High Definition Smart Audio 221 )drive now i also cant install the earlier driver as it may again cause any problem with the entire setup of the driver's so suggest me what should i do now.

Yes once you have done this it is very difficult to uninstall one and keep the other one existing it may cause some problem with the audio devices configuration just remove all the drivers don't delete it uninstall it deleting causes it to be restored again by the windows before performing the add new hardware wizard perform a disk clean up operation so that the unnecessary files don't interpret and start with the installation of the driver that you said was successful i.e. realtek go ahead with that and after the installation is complete re boot the system and again check for the message if it appears if you are using the windows vista then do avoid the message and continue with your operation mostly the message should not come again just try it out.