Thread: Windows xp not working on mac after install vmware

Windows xp not working on mac after install vmware

Using the vmware fusion on my Apple Mac computer which is running under windows XP environment. The problem with that appears black screen first while starts the machine and it will precede me into the welcome but after a few while. There is no task bar showing in the screen, also not able to access the internet service. Every time I have to start the task manager and access the windows explorer. Another problem is that not able to drag and drop file from one path to another path. Also tried to repair this with the Windows XP installation disk, but this not works, not allowed me to run the disk. Can’t understand what to do now to solve this problem, is there anyone having any suggestion on this issue? Any information on this will be appreciated.

Re: Windows xp not working on mac after install vmware

I think the vmware is not properly configured with the windows XP after the installation of the virtual software tool in you Mac machine or the software tool is not the original version. After installing the virtual application software double click on its icon, click on new menu option a new popup windows will appear in your careen. Click to the continue button to start the configuration process with windows XP. Select the operating system which is installed in the machine and then enter the name of the virtual machine along with that select the specific folder where you are willing to store the virtual machine in the windows environment. After that follow the screen instruction for the further process, try to do this it will definitely help you to run the windows environment in your Mac machine.

Did you properly configure the hard drive with the VMware in your Apple Mac machine? Remember that the hard drive is having the files for the windows version apart from the Mac OS X environment. The space for the different environment will be allotted separately. The virtual software application will not allot the more space for windows XP. So it might be the cause for the problem while you are accessing any file from the machine or trying to run any program this creates problem to run with the less space allocation for windows XP in the machine. And the space which is setup you can’t able to reclaimed that one. I recommend you reinstall the windows XP environment in the machine with the help of "Windows Easy Install" tool, which is compatible with the VMware application. Also make sure that hard ware access of the windows version is enabling in the vmware application

Regarding the internet connection, reset the browser setting. Log on to the machine with the Mac environment and open the browser then got the tool menu option and check the default downloaded file, if this locate in the windows drive then change the path in the default path. Do same thing by log on the machine from the windows environment. And if this one also not worked then I suggest you to repair the browser from the control panel of the window and reinstall that one. And for the other problem I suggest you to reconfigure the windows XP version with the virtual disk.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever