Thread: Video and audio playback is skipping in my laptop

Video and audio playback is skipping in my laptop

Having a Dell Latitude D505 laptop with the windows XP pro environment. I recently bought this laptop, so I am under guiding to know all the function s of this laptop. The problem is while I playing any song or video I player the audio or the video is appears as choppy or stutter for a few while but after few minute, it will resume to original position. I found that it is the common problem with Dell machine, is it right? I am going to describe some of the task that I did in my laptop, it might be help to someone to suggest me how to recover this problem. I usually play the movie clips along with the some of the other video clips. The player that am using is windows Media Player, also installed some third party player software like VLC and for audio playback I generally use the Winamp player. In all the player the problem is occurring. I also install the DivX application. What should I do to solve this problem? Any suggestion on this issue will be greatly appreciated for me.

Re: Video and audio playback is skipping in my laptop

Regarding the audio output, I think this issue is for the sound driver that you installed in your machine. So I recommend you to go for the driver update, I hope this will surely help you to solve the audio playback problem. Connect the machine with the internet service and then to update the driver go to properties by right click on the my computer from desktop window and in the property window look for the driver tab, expand the list and from there select the sound driver name and right click on this driver name, it will appear a pop-up list which contains the update option. Click on the update option, it will appear the information about the driver update version, click on update, it takes some time, depends on the internet connection speed. A system reboot will require after the driver update.

I think there is some problem with the configuration of output in your laptop. So, I recommend you to download the Piriform's specification program from HERE, if you are using a external device for the sound output device, then download the portable version of specification application, store the downloaded file in your drive and double click on the setup.exe file , install the software with the proper instructions. In the specification window all the settings those are necessary for your computer is situated, configure the appropriate options for the audio and video output in your machine. Try with this , this will definite help you.
    Last edited by reddevil6; 24-11-2010 at 05:07 PM.

I am also having the similar problem with my HP computer, during playback of any audio or video playback in the machine. While I tried to play any audio or video file in my laptop. Which is played very choppy for a while, and during that if I did not stop or close the player then it should freezes the laptop and after that I did not able do to anything in the machine still it return to its original position. I also steam the online videos, so after encountered the problem, I thought that it was for the internet service and I check all possible ways with the internet but found nothing. I am not able to play any video or audio file either download from internet or tried to play directly from my laptop. I more problem, while I start up the machine, the start-up sound is also plays frequently like stutter , though it happens rare. What is the exact problem can anyone suggest me any fix for this issue?

As per my knowledge, though I also have the experience about this problem, windows has reverted some of the files from hard drive to motherboard, thus transfer mode is quite faster and the common feature according to the make slower the DMA, which is more reliable fro PIO. If there is any disk error occurs then windows will automatically switches to the PIO, and this is known as the most stable methods which is for the reading purpose. But the min problem is since the DMA is slower so that is not considerable for PIO, and apparently it is called as the problem of IDE drives. Those are knowingly occurred for the SATA drivers, if that one is installed in your machine. To ensure about this problem follow the procedure, I think it will help you to solve the problem in some how. First go to Setting from the start menu and then proceed to control panel and then go to system, under that enter into Device manager, look for the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers under the device manager pop-up window and select the “Primary IDE Channel”. Go to Advance setting option, look for the Device 0, which should be set as the DMA is available, instead of that if this one is set on PIO only then change it and click on OK.save the changes that you made now and reboot the machine to apply the changes. Definitely you will got some result from this process.