Thread: Need help with multicast specific interface on opensuse 11.2 vlc

Need help with multicast specific interface on opensuse 11.2 vlc

I am having a tribulations by means of the intention of I not be able to solve. I am endeavoring to watch multicast stream on a PC where I have encompassed generated two VLANs. The VLAN 1 I utilize for Internet to have right of entry and VLAN 2 for multicast streams. I had generated a route for 224.0.0.0/5 to VLAN2 and set IGMP_Version 2 (my contributor uses IGMPv2). When I open VLC and endeavor to open a multicast stream I be capable to observe by means of the intention of IGMP Join is sent to VLAN 2 and subsequent to by means of the intention of I be able to observe by means of wireshark with the intention of stream in coming to my PC from side to side VLAN 2 but VLC is not displaying it. Does somebody have encompassed a solution for my problem.

Re: Need help with multicast specific interface on opensuse 11.2 vlc

I have previously endeavor with the intention of I do not imagine by means of the intention of this is a tribulations in view of the fact with the intention of I be able to observe UDP traffic coming (subsequent to I send IGMP join) to my accurate interface I immediately do not be familiar by means of why VLC is not position on demonstrate it. According to the log, it's not in receipt of several data. Moreover the port number is incorrect, or you are firewalled. log I am not utilizing several firewall and port is a accurate one. You have encompassed to understand with the intention of if I eliminate VLANs (in addition modify configuration on switch) and I am merely left by means of eth0 then it works. You almost certainly did not understand me, I am monitoring my traffic by means of wireshark and when I open a vlc and attach to multicast IP I be able to observe IGMP join and subsequent to by means of the intention of a UDP traffic which pours in. VLC does the whole thing in the approved manner up to this point merely thing left is to position on demonstrate it which it does not. No. From the logs, VLC is not in receipt of any data commencing the UDP socket. Consequently moreover the correlation parameters are wrong or the packets are filtered.

Additional than I have encompassed to disagree here, if correlation parameters or packet filter would manipulate VLC commencing not in receipt of any data then I would encompass similar tribulations when I do my arrangement without VLANs additional than I do not. I determine to endeavor utilizing an older VLC release to observe if it helps. Perhaps I be supposed to say by means of the intention of I endeavor this on two dissimilar systems, together by means of Opensuse 11.2 VLC 1.0.4-1.54 I be able to confirm identical behavior in Win32 by means of vlc 1.1.4 regrettably logging seems to be wrecked in this version or description. Additional than I start vlc, and wireshark demonstrates the multicast stream start, additional than there is no display in vlc.

In this you have to go to Software organization and enter VLC in the search box and search for it. Choose it and hit it off Accept to install it by means of the entire it's dependency. This might necessitate the SUSE CD or DVD. If you desire VLC's Mozilla Plugin, you encompass to choose the vlc-mozillaplugin physically. It does not get inaugurated by dependencies. You are completed by means of the installation. Have an assortment of Fun. Every time when I am opening a stream, by means of the intention of is called VLC.vlc commencing a finish tv-service, I got this popup to asking what program is supposed to utilize to open it. I then decide VLC, and I am ticking the box by means of the intention of this program be supposed to be utilized for this file extension. Additional than it immediately maintains asking it in excess of and over the entire again.

If I have encompassed the youtube, or several web page by means of sound open in a browser and then open VLC Media Player, I get a communication by means of the intention of VLC is not capable to initialize the sound card. I think regarding it to be standard behavior. As almost immediately as I close the browser, the sound card is unrestricted and VLC has no tribulations. At present, if I close VLC and re-open it, I get the similar error communication as earlier. The original VLC window failed to release the sound card and at present none of the submission, containing VLC, be able to get control of it the entire in excess of again. The merely method to get sound back is to start "alsaconf" in order to force elimination of the driver, then "modprobe" the driver back into the system.

If you were asking regarding Pulse audio, I endeavor the majority recent version or description commencing the OpenSuSE repositories. It breaks additional types of multimedia packages and numerous at the OpenSuSE discussion recommend staying clear of it until it becomes additional mature. When I did endeavor it, VLC behaved superior, additional than I utilize a 7.1 surround audio card and Pulse be able to merely operate it as a stereo card. As the entire of my music files are saved as 7.1 files and the entire of my videos are saved as 5.1 contain, Pulse is not a valid alternative to have right of entry the complete capabilities of my sound card. If you were asking regarding which version or description of VLC I use, I was utilizing 1.2 when the tribulations concerning alsa were encountered. I have encompassed in view of the fact with the intention of regressed to 1.1.3 and am capable to utilize alsa as the defaulting sound apparatus and am capable to set VLC to at least utilize my card as a 5.1 surround device.