Thread: Need help with vlc transcode of asx stream

Need help with vlc transcode of asx stream

I had gone a reasonable way down this track previously by subsequent the advice in here, and encompass the automation side of thing the entire running extremely well, additional than encompass struck an issue by means of VLC. I be able to get VLC wordlessly transcending the stream by means of no trouble utilizing the Streaming/Exporting wizard and it is then played by iTunes no tribulations. The tribulations is by means of the intention of subsequent to I get VLC transcending the stream via the wizard I save the settings to a .m3u play inventory utilizing 'Save playlist'. When I reopen the resultant file utilizing VLC, rather than transcending the stream, VLC starts perceptibly playing it and the trasncoded stream is not broadcast.

Re: Need help with vlc transcode of asx stream

I have comprised productively got my iTunes alarm clock of a VLC transcended .asx audio stream running. You have to generate iCal alarm in Automator. After that you have to utilize the 'Run Applescript' action to run the script beneath then you have to save and close the Automator iCal alarm (which determine to acquire you to the iCal event in iCal) and then identify when you desire it to run. Subsequent to that utilizing the 'Energy Saver' panel in System Preferences set a agenda to wake your Mac immediately previous to the iCal alarm (iCal determine to not wake your apparatus for an alarm) perceptibly revolutionize the stream address to the .asx stream you desire to transcode. The script even tells iTunes to come approximately you up gently by progressively increasing the volume.

Here is the script I finished up utilizing with the intention of worked attractive well. This is on Mac OSX 10.5.8 working VLC 1.0.1 Goldeneye (Intel). The output conclusion up in baseball.asf and be able to be played back via VLC. For a number of reason I not be able to figure out how to set up recording for my radio stream. I formerly utilized an older version or description by means of the intention of had a Wizard for setting up recording and the whole thing I have comprised and originate out on the net has moreover not addressed the lack of the Wizard button or has confused me.

Might somebody give me some assistance I would actually approximating to set things up to record at a convinced time, additional than lets immediately get me heading in the right direction foremost. I am utilizing 0.9.4 and I am aware by means of the intention of I might get a newer version or description, additional than I am utilizing Ubuntu (linux) and by means of the intention of is the recommended version or description for at present, so I necessitate to stay by means of 0.9.4. Hit it off on the "Network" tab. After that you have to enter the URL there, then press "Convert / Save". If you desire to listen to it at the similar time short at the same time as "Play locally". Then press "Stream" and it be supposed to stream to a file.

I am tranquil having a number of tribulations getting the file to save although. I have encompassed endeavor to name it multiple ways (thinking by means of the intention of it might not similar to spaces in the file name or numbers,) additional than I have comprised and tranquil not had several luck getting to save. I am conscious by means of the intention of the tribulations has to be "operator error," additional than perhaps I am missing a diminutive part. I would have a preference to save the stream at a extremely low superiority similar to 20kbps or so, additional than I went ahead and stayed by means of the defaulting settings (128kbps) for my testing, so it's not regarding by means of the intention of moreover. I have encompassed and gotten it to save files, additional than none of them demonstrate several info in them (bytes.).

The method on top of work together extremely well on Linux (Debian sid) and Windows for me. Position VLC's communication output. Here you have to go to "Tools >> Messages..." and set the "Verbosity Level" to "2". Then open/setup your stream etc. Stick the message here (utilize "Code" tags prefably). If you desire to revolutionize the bitrate etc. to e.g. 32kbps then do not choose a profile, select "RAW" as the Encapsulation and e.g. "MP3" by means of 32kbps for the Audio codec. Or you be able to revolutionize the sout string unswervingly (at the substructure of the window). The VLC 1.0.0 (not released yet) be supposed to be capable to stream to Speex which is superlative for low bitrates encoding for speech. I anticipate this is the accurate info you are asking for. I set it to create a communication of the short recording I did and then I misrepresented the encamp.