Thread: Need help to work Qnap TS-219 on vlc

Need help to work Qnap TS-219 on vlc

I anticipate somebody be able to help me by means of my tribulations. I am endeavoring to get vlc run on a QNAP TS-219. (NAS by means of Marvell 6281 1.2GHz and 512 MB RAM) (vlc version = 0.9.9a-1)If I institute vlc on the qnap the whole thing give the impression of being extremely well for me. Playing .ts files is no tribulations. Additional than when I start mpeg2 or divx (avi) video files, vlc demonstrates me subsequent communication extremely often I have encompassed installed the entire missing libs (plugins; approximating ffmpeg etc.) / I start vlc surrounded by a shh session]vlc -vvv -I http most important mux warning - late safeguard for mux input I am not certain if the cpu has sufficient capability for vlc. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Need help to work Qnap TS-219 on vlc

I have comprised and been endeavoring to stream my movies commencing my PC to my dream box as well so I might take pleasure in watching them on my TV set. Which version or description of VLC do you encompass, is it the most recent version or description 1.03 and how regarding your dreambox, what model is it and which representation do you encompass installed on it (dreambox). I have encompassed and not actually come across this error communication previous to during my experimentation by means of VLC, VLCF and dreambox. On the other hand, the majority of the movies I have encompassed are in AVI format, additional than been having tribulations by means of the streaming. I have encompassed been streaming via HTTP protocol, and I am going to endeavor UDP as it is presume to be faster additional than less dependable in that HTTP in sending the packets, or I imagine this is the case I might be incorrect.

I would in addition approximate to exercise the Qnap (which is constantly on) as server in order to stream videos from side to side my dreambox (7025). I was fiddling by means of by means of the intention of and what I did is inaugurate sudo package (ipkg inaugurate sudo) and then started vlc as sudo - you an additional user name vlc. This determine to run vlc under a dissimilar user (I utilized one of my QNAP user accounts I encompass formerly setup in QNAP). I had no providence streaming video commencing my TS-219p to my android phone. The procedure terminates immediately without several communication and I not be able to locate it in running processes. (Additional than considering I am quite a n00b, by means of the intention of does not encompass to mean anything).

The TS-219 Turbo NAS is QNAP's subsequently production two-bay Turbo NAS by means of iSCSI, particularly premeditated for diminutive business and home users who are eager for an tremendously large storage center to accumulate, back up, contribute to thousands of multimedia files or get bigger the capacity of their present storage apparatus. Combining the trendily shiny design, the TS-219 takes the go in front in the present diminutive business and home NAS market by means of the outstanding specifications and presentation, powerful the entire in one server characteristic, high stability, and high dependability.

The Adopting Marvell 1.2 GHz CPU and enormous sized 512MB DDRII RAM, the Turbo NAS uphold or maintain superior presentation even when there is concentrated to have right of entry to the network services of the server concurrently. The TS-219 in addition holds up or maintain cross-platform service transversely Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX. Improved industry-leading characteristic are in addition provided, e.g. built in iSCSI target examination, Online RAID Capacity Expansion, Online RAID Level Migration, unconstitutional policy-based IP obstructing, instant SMS alert announcement, timetable power on/ off, and two IP cameras for network observation.

The built in UPnP media server (by means of Twonky Media create probable) of the Turbo NAS sustains or maintains a widespread collection of media players such as Sony PS3 gaming consoles and runs well by means of NFS persistent or maintained High-Definition (HD) DMA for HD video streaming. By installing UPnP submission on your iPhone or iPod touch, you be able to have right of entry the Turbo NAS on the local network and play the multimedia contented, e.g. videos, music, and photos on the server. In accumulation, the high-speed PC-less Download Station by means of the exceptional QGet usefulness facilitate you to administer the BT/ FTP/ HTTP download tasks remotely in excess of the local network or the Internet.