Thread: suggestions for a good Mint Backup Tool

suggestions for a good Mint Backup Tool

I am thinking of doing some back up operation in my Linux system. I have a Linux mint operating system. Exactly I wanted to do a remote backup work on my internet. So I was looking out for good backup tools that will help me for the purpose. So if you have any idea about such tools then do let me know. I have tried looking for such tools in the internet but I did not find any. So I thought you all must be having a good idea about the product.

Re: suggestions for a good Mint Backup Tool

I am amazed that you did not get anything from the search In the internet. Well there are several such websites who have free backup tools especially for the Linux. Well one such backup tool that you can talk about is named as bacula. These toll specializes in the Network backup, recovery and verification. So I hope you have got the necessary information. If you want more such backup tools for other purposes then there are areca backup, backuppc, fwbackups,simple backup solutions to name a few.

Well there are many backup tools and I will tell you some features of them. One of my favorite tool is Rsync. It is one of the most widely used backup tool by the Linux users. It has got the feature of the flexible incremental backups. It also gives the command line tool to create your own scripts so that you can create the automated backups. The other favorite is mondorescue it has the unique feature that will help you store the entire installation ad keeps it as the backup. So hope you have got the necessary information.

I just wanted to inform you all that I have tried with the Amanda tool and it has not at all impressed me. This tool does not works well with the linux mint operating system. It gave me some errors while I was trying to recover some files from it. Saying that particular file was not saved. So I am thinking to switch to some other recovery tools like bacula and rsync. After reading your suggestions I got some idea about this particular product.

Well that particular error may be due to storage of the unnecessary files in the backup. Like for example some people keep their home directories in the backup. Well that’s not advisable keep them in the exclusion mechanism and you will not be able to get the particular error that you may be getting it now. Back up tools should be used to keep a back up of the data which are necessary and not the entire systems data. Hope you have got what i am trying to say.