Thread: OpenOffice.org Vs LibreOffice

OpenOffice.org Vs LibreOffice

I am computer science student. Next week i have a presentation on a "OpenOffice.org Vs LibreOffice". I don't know about it anything. I asked some senior about it and they just know that its a office software like a Microsoft office. What is a difference between OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice? If there is a someone who know about OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice then please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: OpenOffice.org Vs LibreOffice

OpenOffice.org usually known as OOo or OpenOffice. OpenOffice.org is an open-source application suite whose major components are for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and databases. OpenOffice.org commonly support on several platforms like Microsoft Windows, GNU / Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X. OpenOffice.org Supports many file formats. The default standard format is Open-document (ODF).

OpenOffice.org is a Free and Open Productivity Suite. OpenOffice.org is equal with quality. It is easy to use. you may download OpenOffice.org completely free of any licence fees. You can use it for any purpose - private, educational, government and public administration, commercial. OpenOffice.org includes a group of applications that work simultaneously strictly to provide the features generally included in modern office suites. Many of the components mirror those accessible in Microsoft Office.

LibreOffice is a production suite that is compatible with other major office suites and available on a variety of platforms like Linux, Mac OS X, BSD, Unix, Windows etc. LibreOffice office suite with ODF support and without any copyright assignment requirements. The first part Libre which means free. As free software it is free to download, use and distribute.