Thread: Windows cleaners and steps to improve the performance

Windows cleaners and steps to improve the performance

I was using windows operating system installed on my desktop. Few days before I have taken an internet connection. While operating the system or while browsing across the internet my system gives very low performance. I want to know if there is any software that I need to install to improve the system performance and also some tips that will help me to achieve better.

Re: Windows cleaners and steps to improve the performance

You can use ccleaner software for cleaning registry. The ccleaner registry cleaner runs on Windows 7, Vista, XP, Server 2008/2003 and also on older version of windows. It is easy to use, prompt to back up registry before making changes and also provides many useful tools. The steps to install ccleaner are as follows:
    1. Download ccleaner and click on ccsetup218.exe file to install it. Select the language and then click on ok button to continue.
    2. After ccleaner welcome screen wizard appears click on next button. Accept the license agreement to continue the installation.
    3. Browse to the location where you want to install it. The installation windows appears and then click on install button to start the installation. Click on finish button to finish the installation.
    4. Open the ccleaner icon on the desktop to launch it.
    5. Click on the analyze button. Ccleaner will analyze through the system and you need to press the clean button to clean the invalid entries, shortcuts etc. The ccleaner will clean all the system and improves the performance.

To improve performance of the system you should be sure that your system is 90% free from virus, spywares and Trojan horses. Poor performance appears because of these unwanted programs. These unwanted programs tend to corrupt system’s files or might steal some confidential data from the system. You should install some antivirus programs that can remove these unwanted programs from the system. On the operating system firewall. Firewall protects the system from incoming traffic coming from the internet.

You need to use disk clean up utility for your system. Disk clean up cleans compresses old files; catalog files and removes unused files. You can use disk clean up tool which is provided by your operating system. To use disk clean up tool you need to go to Start /All Programs/Accessories /System Tools /and select Disk Cleanup. Also you should remove or uninstall unwanted application programs which are not in use because these unwanted programs consumes space on the disk and also consumes processor speed. Uninstalling these application programs will free up the resources and improve the system performance.

Just as temporary files increases, windows registry also increases and grows more and more in size. As installing and uninstalling application programs, virus and malware enters into the system etc these causes registry to clog with millions of invalid and obsolete shortcuts. This can affect windows performance and will result into low performance which also causes errors. Use a registry cleaner software to clean invalid registry and will improve the system performance.

To improve the performance of the system you need to follow the below steps
    • You should take the Back up of drive, folders and files.
    • Clean temporary files, shortcuts and invalid registry.
    • Run the scandisk or check disk whenever you start the system.
    • You should always defragment your hard disk in a week.
    • You should update your operating system with the latest updates. You can get the latest update by going to the authorized websites.
    • Start only those programs which are required.
    • Install antivirus and firewall for virus, malware programs etc.