Thread: Issues with Adobe creative suite 5 master collection

Issues with Adobe creative suite 5 master collection

Well there are many new technologies coming into the market which are more efficient, reliable and easy to use. I was Microsoft vista operating system installed on my desktop. I wanted software that can be used for graphic design, video editing and web development applications so I purchased Adobe Creative Suite 5 which was released by adobe system on 30 April 2010. While installing I am facing problems of certain types such as installation error occur, system freezes etc. I need a solution for troubleshooting Adobe creative suite 5 application so that I can use it. Also suggest me the requirements of Adobe creative suite 5.

Re: Issues with Adobe creative suite 5 master collection

Before installing Adobe creative suite 5 on your system you need to check the requirements that will be needed to install it so that it can provide better performance. The requirements of Adobe creative suite 5 are given below:
    • Intel PentiumĀ® 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor; Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Phenom II required for Adobe Premiere Pro.
    • Processor with 64-bit.
    • Windows XP with Service Pack 3; Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or windows 7.
    • 64 bit edition for windows 7 or vista.
    • 2GB of RAM or more.
    • Directx9 installation is necessary for adobe bridge features.
    • 24.3GB space of hard disk for installation.
    • 1280x900 display with graphic card and 256MB of VRAM.
    • Adobe-certified GPU card.
    • 7200 RPM hard drive for editing compressed video formats.
    • OHCI-compatible IEEE 1394 port for DV and HDV capture, export to tape, and transmit to DV device.
    • Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft Windows Driver Model.
    • DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs.
    • Java software of 1.6 version.
    • Card for capture and export to tape for SD/HD workflows.
    • Quick time for multimedia features.
    • Broadband internet connection for online services.

If you are installing adobe creative suite 5 master collection in windows compatibility mode then there can be issues or error while installing. You need to disable compatibility mode for installation of adobe creative suite 5. The steps for disabling compatibility mode are as follows:
    1. Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\ [application name].
    2. Then right click on the product application file and select its properties. Under the compatibility mode deselect all the options under Compatibility Mode, Settings, and Privilege Level.
    3. Click on ok button and then launch the adobe creative suite 5 application again.

You may face problems due to plug-ins while starting your Creative Suite 5. While starting adobe creative suite 5 you need to disable the plug-ins temporarily and check if they are causing conflict. If you want to launch Acrobat without plug-ins then you need to press the shift button immediately after double clicking on the acrobat icon. Suppose you want to launch other components of creative 5 application then you can drag third party plug-ins from the application Plug-ins folder from the internet explorer. After dragging plug-ins you need to restart the application again.

Your adobe creative suite 5 master application may freeze or crash because of Adobefnt*.lst file has been damaged. Adobefnt*.lst file store font cache file that adobe application searches immediately. If you delete or rename Adobefnt*.lst file then the adobe application will create it immediately as soon as you restart the application. To delete damaged Adobefnt*.lst files follow the below steps:
    • Go to the finder select file / Find
    • Type Adobefnt*.lst select the drive and click on search button.
    • Choose edit, select all the files and delete it.
    • Restart the application again.

If there is an installation error then you need to do the below things and start the installation again. These steps will enable you to solve the installation problem
    1. Windows operating system store temporary files that they create on hard disk. These files can interfere with the application program. You need to delete these temporary files by using disk clean up utility provided by your operating system.
    2. Defragment your hard disk before performing the installation. Defragmentation rearranges all the files and allocates space for the new application to install. To use defragmenter go to Start/ All Programs/ Accessories/System Tools/ Disk Defragmenter. Select the drive and then click on defragment button.