Thread: How to set up Videos on Demand with VLC

How to set up Videos on Demand with VLC

I am looking to setup a home video on demand system with the VLC player. By the problem is that i do not know the method to do this setup. I am using windows XP OS on my system and even my client computers are running the same OS. Does anyone have any idea related with this setup? Please try to provide me the solution for doing this setup. Any help regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: How to set up Videos on Demand with VLC

I am having a very nice solution for doing this setup. For doing this setup i will suggest you to get UltraVNC which is a VNC program. You can make the use of this in order to remotely access your computer. Once you have done with this remote access, now try to set the VLC player in order to stream to your current location and then try to setup the VLC for receiving the files from the internet. I hope that once you will try this it will help you in solving your issue.

I like streaming videos on the internet, but I am getting some problem when I am trying to do this. Today in the morning when I was streaming video over the internet, then the image was getting freezed for some time. When I checked it within the local network the nit was working fine, but having problem over the internet. Can you suggest me some nice solution using which I can solve my problem. Please try to solve my problem as early as you can. Thanks.

Thanks for giving me the instance reply. I have tried to go through the above solution which you have provided and it is just working fine for me. I was successfully able to setup Videos on Demand with VLC player. I was really a wonderful reply. I am quite happy to use it and I will like to thank you once again for your king support.

Well I would like to tell you few things on this problem. On the internet the main issue for this problem is that the client is behind the firewall. In case of LAN it will work without any problem, because the person who is doing this streaming is able to see the server without any interface in between. So try to disable it and then see if it solves you issue or not. I hope that you will be able to come out of this problem after trying this solution.