Thread: How to record my desktop activity using VLC

How to record my desktop activity using VLC

I have a desktop computer at my home and I am running windows XP on my system. I am looking to perform one activity on my machine i.e I want to record whatever work I perform on my desktop. It must be saved as file in my hard drive. Can anyone suggest me that how to perform this activity. I will be greatly thankful to you if you do this for me. Please do help. Thanks.

Re: How to record my desktop activity using VLC

I have a nice solution for performing this activity. I will like to suggest you that. First go to the media player which you are using >> Open capture device. Now you will require setting the capture mode as the desktop on your player. Next to the play button there is option to available to change to stream or to Convert. This is what you will require to do on your machine. I think that if you will follow these instructions, then you will be able to do it.

I have a solution with me so I will like to share with you. Try to open the VLC player and go to the files option in it. Inside the files options go to the wizard option. A window will open up, in this window you will have to select the option existing playlist and select “screen:// to record”. After that you need to select the check box of Transcode and save the file and click on the next button. Now you will need to select a format in which you want the video. So try this on your machine

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the solution given by Alexisus and using that particular solution I was able to record my desktop activities on the VLC player. I was really a wonderful solution. So I will once again like to give my thanks to both of you for your kind support and the precious time you have spent in giving me the reply.