Thread: Want Hayes modem driver for Windows 7

Want Hayes modem driver for Windows 7

I am facing the problem of modem driver for Windows 7 on my system. I am using Hayes modem for connecting my pair of system but after doing the formatting on my one system I have installed windows 7 on it then I have installed the entire driver of Windows 7 on my system. The problem is that I didn’t have the driver of Hayes modem for Windows 7. I have lost it I have tried to search it out from many days but I didn’t able to get it now I am facing the problem that I am unable to connect my system. Do anyone have idea related to this problem please d o a kind full help.

Re: Want Hayes modem driver for Windows 7

I think that you have to purchase the new driver for the Hayes modem from the workshop or you must go for the free driver site on the web search. I hope you will get the driver for your any of the free site of the driver of your Hayes modem and then you will be able to install it in your system and now start using your system by connecting it on the modem.

I have tried all the possibility but then also I didn’t get the solution for this. Actually I have a Hayes well-matched modem driver .inf file, which works very well for windows7 32 bits. I have a condition to formulate the .inf compatible with windows 7 64 bit, for which the .inf file was customized. The adaptations are:
    Previous
    Code:
    [Manufacturer] 
    %M27% = M27 

[M27] 
    %M2700% = M2700, PNPC031
    Next

Code:
    [Manufacturer] 
    %M27% = M27, ntamd64 

[M27] 
    %M2700% = M2700, PNPC031 

[M27.ntamd64] 
    %M2700% = M2700, PNPC031
    However, subsequent to the setting of the Dial-up connection, I got an Error:777 The connection attempt failed because the modem on the isolated computer is put of order.

The Driver information illustrates that referring to files:
    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\modem.sys and 
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rootmdm.sys
    I also tried by accumulating the modem driver from C:\Windows\inf\mdmhayes.inf but then also I have faced the same Error 777 on my system. Do I require for making any more modification in the .inf file?

You can't change the .inf files on your Windows 64 bit and install, by default. If you wish for doing that, you will have to stop the Driver Enforcement eternally, or leading every Windows boot from boot menu, so as to load the driver. Further, you can't construct a 32 bit driver effort on the 64 bit, no issue how much .inf change you do. It doesn't work like that. You require a true 64 bit driver. To find a signed driver for Windows 64 bit that determination work for you then go for right click on the device manager >> properties >> Details tab >> alter the dropdown to hardware ids >> Copy and paste the fallout to a fresh post here.

It might happen due to the bits of the operating system which you have installed on your system. Can you just say me which bits of windows 7 you are using on your system? If you are using the windows 7 32 bits you may go for upgrading your system from windows 32 bits to 64 bits. I hope will works on your windows 7 system.