Thread: Is windows 7 compatible to play all games

Is windows 7 compatible to play all games

Hello friends, I have a laptop that has Windows 7 on it and works very fine without any kind of problem. Actually I love to play the games and usually play the games only on my gaming PC that I have specially kept for playing games. But the home computer system has windows xp on it and I am thinking of upgrading to windows 7. I just want to ask that whether I should make this change or not as I have heard that windows 7doesnt really handles all the games. So please can any one give a quick solution for this problem.

Re: Is windows 7 compatibale to play all games

Well according to me not all the games are compatible with all the operating system that you want. Some of them are will work on windows xp while some of them will work on some other operating system. It is totally depended on the game platform so as what it supports. Windows xp will support all the low feature game while Windows 7 will support some of the very good feature, The game is usually designed so as what platform it will require to play that game. We cannot decide as such which will be the best one to run.

Re: Is windows 7 compatibale to play all games

I am having windows 7 on my computer system and I dont think so that there could be any such problem in using it to play all the games that we would want. I think that Windows 7 is designed to overcome all the drawbacks of the Windows xp , like it is not compatible to play all the games. So I guess that the games that were not able to run on the Windows xp will definitely run on Windows 7. So I would suggest you to go for Windows 7 and enjoy all the games as I think this would be the best option to play the games which you want. Also ,you have to make sure that you have got all the necessary configuration that is needed to play this game.

Re: Is windows 7 compatible to play all games

Hey I have got one problem while updating from Windows xp to Windows 7. When I had Windows xp on my computer system the game bad Company 2 was running pretty fine with no problem at all. However when I upgrade the operating system to Windows 7 I found that the same game was unable to run on it. So can any one help me to know what is the problem with this. As it has mentioned in the above post that Windows 7 is an advanced version of the Windows xp and therefore it should run all the game that Windows xp handles. Can any one suggest any proper measures to overcome this.

Re: Is windows 7 compatible to play all games

Hey first of all can you tell me which bit version Windows 7 operating system have you installed in your computer system. It could be that you have installed the bit version that is not compatible with the game that you are trying to play. Trying to play games of different bit version cannot run the game on any computer version having any operating system on it. So i guess that you should first find out that what bit version does the game holds and then you must install the compatible operating system with it.