Thread: Problem with Outlook and Add-Ins

Problem with Outlook and Add-Ins

I am using a Dell E1705 Inspiron which has Microsoft outlook. Recently I upgraded to the MS Office 2007. From when I upgraded that then I am getting 2 security concerns pop to the window. I just ignored that message as it was running without any problem except that error message. But when I upgraded the iTunes in my computer then it started showing me two more pop up message. Now I have decided to fix this issue. Please help me to do that. Message contains:

Microsoft has identified a potential security concern

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveTransceiver.dll
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesOutlookAddIn.dll
    C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\OMSMAIN.DLL
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\MobileDeviceSupport\bin\OutlookChangeNotifierAddIn.dll

This application add-in has been disabled. Add-ins might contain viruses or other security hazards.

There are four separate windows that says the same thing except the path directory. These pop up come in the exact order which I have listed. Should I click on the options in that window or there is any other way to deal with.

Re: Problem with Outlook and Add-Ins

If you are getting the messages like this then this will provide you to select the option from the list. This is normally for Trust All Documents from Publisher. You can try to enable and disable the Application Add-in and see whether that helps you or not? If the also it pop up again then you can select the Trust all documents from this publisher as they are all right. Once you selected that and pressed OK then you will never get such pop up message in future. Just try it and I am sure that it will do the thing.

I am not sure that whether the solution that I am going to post will solve the issue or not but you can try this and see the result. You have to go to the Tools and Trust Center and from there you have to select Add-Ins. Scroll sown and near to the bottom you will see a box which says 'Apply macro security settings to installed add-ins'. You should check that it is unchecked. If that is checked then uncheck that and save it. I was also getting somewhat similar message boxes earlier and this solves the issue for me.

Thanks for your replies but I have already tried this but was not able to solve this issue. It was already unchecked in my case and I do not need to do anything on that. There may be some other problem with it. Please post, if you have any suggestion other than this. Once again thank you very much for such a quick reply.

There may be some problem with the installation of the Microsoft outlook. It may not installed properly or there may be some of the files of it which is corrupted and that is creating the issue. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the MS office completely from your system and install that again. This will create new files for it and may solve the issue for you.

This problem may be related to the virus infection on your system. It may be corrupted some files and causing the issue. Have you installed any antivirus software? If yes then scan the entire system with that but make sure that the virus definition is up to date. If it is outdated then it may not detect many viruses and the issue will not get solved.