Thread: VLC version 1.1.0 be unsuccessful to play audio cd .cda files

VLC version 1.1.0 be unsuccessful to play audio cd .cda files

I have a core 2 duo computer system and i installed VLC version 1.1.0 in my computer system. I have a one audio CD and i tried to play it with my version 1.1.0 of VLC player. But my VLC player not playing Audio CD .CDA Files. What i have to do to solve this type of problem? how can i play my Audio CD .CDA Files? Is there is a another player to play Audio CD .CDA Files? Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: VLC version 1.1.0 be unsuccessful to play audio cd .cda files

The .cda files are version of CD audio tracks and do not have the real pulse code modulation (PCM) information. Cda files can be played only from a CD-ROM. To test a .cda file, either try to play a different .cda file from your CD-ROM or make an effort to play a .cda file from a different CD-ROM. Copied from the CD-ROM to the hard disc drive(HDD) it cannot be played. This is system which is used for encoding music on all commercial compact discs (CD). Try to play audio cd .cda files with the help of CD.

your computer can't copy or save or store files in .CDA format. For that you still have to convert CDA files to a different format to copy / save/ store on your hard disk. Total Audio Converter can do the job not including a problem. It converts CDA to other audio file formats.

Total Audio Converter supports the following conversions with CDA format files:

* CDA to MP3
    * CDA to WMA
    * CDA to WAV
    * CDA to OGG
    * CDA to FLAC
    * CDA to AAC
    * CDA to MP4
    * CDA to MPC
    * CDA to APE

CDA audio track files represent only tracks that are on Audio CD. CDA files don't hold information or audio. A CD Audio Track or .cda file is a little (44 bytes) file produce by Microsoft Windows for every track on an audio CD. The file encloses indexing information that program can apply to play or rip the disc.

File identification strings for .CDA files:
    HEX code: 52 49 46 46 24 00 00 00 43 44 44 41 66 6D 74 20 18
    ASCII code: RIFF$...CDDAfmt

The CDA audio files are generally supported by a lot of audio players like Windows Media Player, Winamp so you can use this media play your .CDA audio files and by many platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, MAC OS X.

There is a some software/ converter which are use to convert CDA file format into another audio file format. After converting CDA file format into another audio file format you can play them with any popular audio player like winamp, VLC, media player etc.

Other CDA Converter Software:

• AAA Easy CD Ripper - Convert CDa to MP3, WAV, WMA and VQF files quickly and easily.
    • CD to MP3 Maker - Rip CDa and saves them to MP3, WAVE, OGG or VQF format.
    • Ease CD Ripper - Rip CDa to MP3,WAV,OGG,WMA and Convet WAV to MP3,WMA,OGG.
    • Alto-MP3 Maker - Audio Grabber, CD (CDA) Ripper, MP3 to WAV Converter software.
    • MP3 CDa Converter - Convert MP3 to CDa On-The-Fly.
    • CD to MP3 Ripper - Convert audio CDa to MP3, WAV, WMA, VQF, OGG .

Detailed information for file extension CDA:
    Primary association: CD Audio Track Shortcut
    Mime type: application/x-cdf
    Identifying characters Hex: 52 49 46 46 24 00 00 00 43 44 44 41 66 6D 74 20 18 00 00 00 01 00 , ASCII: RIFF$...CDDAfmt

First you copy a .CDA file to your hard disk drive(HDD) and try to play it with an audio player. Now you need Free RIP to extract audio tracks from an Audio CD. Free RIP is use to extract audio tracks from an Audio CD to MP3 (or another supported format). But for that you should copy from original CD and rip its tracks with FreeRIP.

.CDA is not properly a file format. It is really a menu like tool used by CDs to locate audio on the CD. The genuine file format on a CD is raw audio, either denoted as PCM or WAV format. To convert CDA to MP3 (the files .cda characterize), you require a tool to execute digital audio extraction, also known as cd ripping. Most original CD-ROM drives support cd ripping. CD to MP3 Ripper rips audio CD tracks and save them into audio formats mp3, wav, wma (Windows Media Audio), VQF (Yamaha SoundVQ) or OGG Vorbis.