Thread: VLC Player fails to play DVD

VLC Player fails to play DVD

I have the VLC player for me and I have the latest one I guess I have the VLC version 0.8.1 and it is really fine. Now the issue with this player is that I can not have the DVDs to play on the VLC Player. I mean that I have seen that the Movies that are in the DISK cannot be played when tried with the VLC Player. I can see that all the same movies can be played when tried with the Media Player Classic but the same fails to play on the VLC. I really do not have any idea regarding what can be done in this matter. The issue is not that the Movies is not playing but the thing is that I want to have the movies run with the VLC player as I can see that the sound in the VLC is enhanced four times. Please any help in the matter will be really appreciated.

Re: VLC Player fails to play DVD

Well I think that you should see if at all you can open the files that are on the DVD. Right click on the DVD Drive and then try to open the File and see if you can have that going well. Also try to open the same using the VLC MEDIA option and see if at least you can so that. Please let me know about the same. Also in your next post it will be nice if you can tell me what is the operating system that you are having on the system? I think that the operating system has a major role to play here. Please let me know about that too at the earliest. As you have mentioned that you were able to play the files using the Media player Classic then I think that there is no hard ware issue and if you would have not posted that then I would have asked you to check the DVD drive of yours.

I have the Ububtu as the operating system on my system and I am too stuck with the same issue. I do not know why I can not play the movies from the DVD. I have the same version of the VLC that has been mentioned above. To repeat I have the VLC version 0.8.1 with me and I think that it is the best so far. Please suggest me what I can do in this matter so that I can have the perfect and a narrow skip for the same. I was able to have the Players work well when I was using the Ubuntu 10.1 and on the last night when I upgraded to the Ubuntu 10.4 I saw this trouble at my door step. Please come up with the useful suggestion guys in this matter.

Well let me tell you that the VLC version that you are using at the moment is not the latest one. I have the latest version with me and I have not seen the issue that you all are talking about. I have the version number with me and here it is VLC 1.1.0 and I think that it is latest. To tell you all that I am using the VLC for the past 2 years and I have never noticed the issues that you all are talking about. It will be really advisable if you can have the reinstallation of the VLC Media Player again on the system of yours and I am sure that this will help you to fix this bug that you are getting at the moment. Well go for the reinstallation and let me know if that was really a bug.

I have some of the thread with me and they all have the similar issues and the thing is that there is solution as well in those threads; I would advise you to have a look at those threads and see if you can have the proper suggestion from them. Here are the links for the threads: Windows Media Player 11 won't play DVDs , WMP will not play DVD because a compatible DVD decoder in not installed and DVD's won't play. see if any of the above threads help you get out of the situation with which you all are stuck at the moment.

I think that you will be requires to have the latest version of the VLC player and let me tell you all there that the VLC v1.1.0 is not the latest one and that the latest one is the is VLC 1.1.5 and I think that it can help you get out of the situation with ease. For the Ubuntu I will advise you to have the libdvdcss or libdvdcss2 so that you can see the VLC player working well. libdvdcss is actually a part of the VideoLAN project and is actually used by VLC media player and other DVD player. One more thing about the libdvdcss is that it is platform independent. It can work with the following GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, BSD and Solaris without any issues. Regarding the Player and from where to download you can see the link below: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html . Visit the link and you will have the VLC v1.1.5 for you.