Thread: Sony VGN-C240E driver for keyboard

Sony VGN-C240E driver for keyboard

I am currently working with the windows XP operating system before it I used to work with windows Vista. After the revert to windows xp most of the parts are really working well but there is something which is preventing me to perform some kind of functions. Today when I tried to work with some of the function commands like screen brightness and monitor out they was not able to work. I am really not able to work with my keyboard really well but still not able to fix the problem, so if anyone can solve my problem please let me know.

re: Sony VGN-C240E driver for keyboard

The problem can be with the drivers which you are using in your system because you are facing problem with keyboard function keys. The keyboard drivers may be not compatible with your keyboard I think you need to check about the drivers which you are using for keyboard because they may differ because of which such issue with keyboard can appear. If possible please provide me with more information regarding your system like model and the company.

Yes I have checked the keyboard drivers of my system and show that the drivers which are there are for 101/2 standard keyboard where as I am working with 86 keys keyboard. I think because of such thing I am not able to work with my keyboard. I am using VGN-C240E model from Sony and not able to find the drivers for 101/2 standard keyboard in Windows XP, so if anyone have details regarding this please let me know this will be really helpful.

Ok the thing is that you are reverting from higher version OS to lower one and in this vista uses drivers for 101/2 standard keyboard and when you are using windows XP with 86 keyboard it is not able to fully support it. Because of such things the some of the function keys are not work you might be needed to have chipset driver for it after which your problem will be resolved. You can visit to the official Microsoft website or Sony website they will be provide you with the drivers for it, this will be really resolve your problem.

Re: Sony VGN-C240E driver for keyboard

Last thing you can do if you are not able to work with your existing keyboard in windows XP that you need to buy the new keyboard. As you are using keyboard which is quite old and its only 86 keys you should move for the keyboard with standard number of keys that will be compatible with the your operating system. I think you need to go for this as i don't think there can be any other option for you to work with existing keyboard that is not able to provide full functions. Let me know still you are facing any problem using new keyboard with windows XP.