Thread: Windows 7: Realtek HD & X-Fi MB

Windows 7: Realtek HD & X-Fi MB

I have the Dell Studio XPS 435 with me and that came along with the Windows Vista already installed. Now after the release of the Windows 7 I thought that it will be nice to try the Windows 7 on this laptop and then I switched the operating system of mine with the Windows 7 64 bit. Well the problem is that I have software called as SoundBlaster X-Fi MB on the laptop and that it was working with the on-board sound drivers so that it can imitate a low end X-Fi card. But after installing the Windows 7 64 bit I have seen that it is not performing in the manner that it was in the Windows vista mode. I have tried using the Win 7 Realtek HD audio drivers but it simply tells that the audio device is not present. Can you all please help me with the situation that I am facing at the moment?

Re: Windows 7: Realtek HD & X-Fi MB

I think that you will be required to have the new drivers from the official site I do not see any reason for the failure of the detection of the audio device. Just have the new and the latest drivers for the laptop of yours and I am sure that you will be able to have the issues rectified. Please try the new drivers and let me know if at all you were able to have the solution rectified. Have the drivers as per the bit version of the operating system that you are having and install that properly.

In my opinion I think that you will be required to have the current drivers on the system updated. You will be able to get the required updates once you visit the official site of the Dell. I am sure that they will help you with the updates. I do not think that there is any thing like Windows 7 might be causing the issue. Or if you want you can have the drivers directly from the Creative. Well if you do not get the updates then you can try to go for downloading the new drivers in this case.

I have seen that the new version of the Windows 7 64 bit is really buggy and I have seen that the software that are available in the market are not that compatible that it can run with the 64 bit of the Windows 7. In my opinion I will suggest you to uninstall the Windows 7 64 bit and simply run for the Windows 7 32 bit and I am sure that you will be well served with the 32 bit version of the Windows 7. In addition to that if you want you can have the reinstallation of the Windows 7 on your system and see if at all it can help you in making the difference. Please let me know if at all the reinstallation really helped you in getting out of the problem.

Clean installation of the drivers is the only solution that I think is going to work here. Just try the way as I suggest.
    1. At first uninstall all the drivers that you have for the motherboard.
    2. After that install all the drivers expect for the sound drivers.
    3. Then go to the official site of the Dell and let the Search feature that is present in your laptop search for the correct drivers there.
    4. I am sure that it will select the best and the most suitable drivers for itself.
    5. Then after the drivers get installed just restart the system and see if that helped you.

Try the drivers from the link that is given here: CREATIVE-LABS_SOUND-BLASTER-_A00_R213242, and if you want you can use the compatibility mode so that you can use it as that you were using it in the Windows Vista. Once you get this downloaded then you can change it properties to the Compatibility. Well if you want to have assistance then just see the steps below:
    • First of all download the file that has been given above
    • Once you have the file on the system then Right Click on it and then go to the properties.
    • After that you will have to choose the Compatibility
    • Then you will be required to run that program under the compatibility mode.
    • Run and install the drivers following the steps

I am sure that the drivers will for sure help you out of the situation.