Thread: Why Windows 7 misses the flat panel scaling

Why Windows 7 misses the flat panel scaling

I have seen that the Windows 7 has established itself in the market and is really working well, but I have seen that there is really something on which I have seen that the Windows 7 is lagging when compared with the Windows XP. I have seen that the Windows 7 simply fails to have the flat panel scaling option. I think that it is really very basic feature and it should be really be there in the Windows 7. Well let me know if I am right or is there anything that I am missing on and you can help me with the getting that back on the Windows 7.

Re: Why Windows 7 misses the flat panel scaling

I think that the main reason for this issue can be because of some complication between the NVIDIA and the Windows 7. I think that the Windows 7 does not support the NVIDIA completely and hence can be causing you the following issue. I think because of not having the full support between the two the Windows 7 fails to have the flat panel scaling option with it. Or I think that this must have been done purposely you can understand it in a better manner when it goes in the Business issue and at that place even the technology fails to help in the situation.

Well I really did not get what you were talking about. Please let me know if you are telling about the Nvidia scaling options in the Nvidia Control Panel under the Windows 7. I have found the same under the adjust desktop size and position and hence I think that Windows 7 has not missed on the same and the position has only changed a bit. Well let me know if by saying the above thing I am correct in guessing what you want?

No I have understood actually what he needs. The Flat Panel Scaling allows displaying 4:3 resolutions along with the Black Side Borers. I have also seen this feature missing and it was really working fine in the Windows XP mode. It can also help in correcting the aspect ratio of the things so that the issue related to the resolutions can be overcome easily. It is capable of scaling the thing s correctly and hence I think that it has more weight age and should not be missed at all.

In my opinion, I think that the Windows 7 has not missed on that things and all you need to have is to get the drivers properly that can help you with the situation that you are facing at the moment with the system. Get the proper updated Nvidia Drivers that is compatible with the Windows 7 and I am sure that the Flat Panel Scaling option will come flying at your hands. I am sure that you will be able to have that driver s from the official site of the NVIDIA. Please get them and try to see if that is running comprehensively with the Windows 7.

I have a good news in this matter. I have seen that this (Flat Panel Scaling) option is back in the Windows 7 and I think that it was what you all were looking for. At the same time I have a bad news too, that however it is back in the Windows 7 but it will have no effect with the setting that are present here. It is just like not having the same as it was before. They will for sure take some more time so that they can solve the issue.

Why are they taking so long for introducing the Flat panel Scaling option in this Windows 7? I have seen that this (Flat panel Scaling) option was running well in the Windows XP and in order to make them work in the Windows 7 they are taking much more time. On the last node I will only request you all to let me know if that can be made to work on the full scale on this mode of the Windows. It works for me as a showstopper and I will be really happy to have that for me.